favorite this postSocial Worker III (Seattle, WA)hide this posting
compensation: Annual salary mid to upper $40Ks, DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
SOCIAL WORKER III
Refugees Northwest Foster Care Program
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for developing and implementing foster care case plans for unaccompanied refugee minors.
● Develops and implements comprehensive case plans for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors which:
○ Consider the individual's personal goals, strengths/weaknesses, cultural, religious, and ethnic background;
○ Promote wellbeing, safety, and self-sufficiency
● Uses effective clinical and independent decision-making skills to provide counseling, supportive services and supervision of youth and caregivers including monthly health and safety visits, recognizing that many of our foster home placements are cross-cultural.
● Demonstrates professionalism in communication including in correspondence and by representing LCSNW regularly in dependency court hearings.
● Produces professional and timely documentation in case files and reports to outside agencies.
● Maintains comprehensive knowledge of current issues relating to Unaccompanied Refugee Minors including topics such as cultural background and countries of origin for youth, impact of trauma, forms of available immigration relief, and State laws regarding Extended Foster Care and program eligibility.
● Demonstrates dependability and cooperative team work by actively participating in meetings and supervision, preparing and presenting case material, offering supportive ideas and input to colleagues, being open and responsive to feedback, and sharing the team workload.
● Performs all job functions in accordance with LCSNW's agency and program specific personnel and administrative policies and procedures; current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations; and the code of ethics of professional social work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
● Master of Social Work or related field in human services or child advocacy required.
● Experience in child welfare or working with immigrant and refugee populations required.
● Demonstrated strong cross-cultural communication skills desired and ability to work effectively with children who have experienced loss and trauma.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
● Must demonstrate awareness and sensitivity in the delivery of client services as it relates to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served by the program.
● Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
● Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION:
● Must have a current Washington State driver's license.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/18/2018.
Annual salary is in the mid to upper $40Ks, DOE.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest partners with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest is a non-profit human services agency that improves the lives of people in over 30 communities throughout Washington, Oregon and Idaho. We provide a wide variety of services to adults, adolescents, children, families, schools and communities - including behavioral health & alcohol/drug programs, family & community services, child welfare, refugee & immigrant services, senior & disability services, and crime victim assistance. We are privileged to touch lives of
all ages, cultures and faiths. Our employees are service-based and mission driven individuals who take a holistic approach to patient care. We offer a unique opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative, and supportive environment and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our interdisciplinary team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers