compensation: Depending on experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
TITLE: Senior Center Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Aging and Adult Services
SUPERVISOR: Senior Nutrition and Assistance Manager
PURPOSE: Responsible for day to day operations of the Center services ensuring participants have a positive experience and receive needed services. Includes coordination with partners, outreach to ethnic communities, program planning with Advisory Committee, marketing of activities calendar, ensuring effective linkages with social work and counselor staff, monitoring program utilization, and evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. 1. Register and check in program participants (API elders) when arriving for activities.
2. Help track participant activities and classes.
3. Work with Senior Congregate Meal staff about number of Senior Center members purchasing lunch.
4. Gather, collect, and analyze attendance data, including but not limited to age, race, ethnicity, and geographic region.
5. Coordinate with external consultants, instructors, partnering agencies, and internal staff at ACRS to arrange special events, workshops, services, and activities.
6. Facilitate and coordinate meetings with the Senior Center Advisory Committee to plan, develop, and evaluate services provided to members.
7. Develop in partnership with Senior Center Advisory Committee the Center's monthly calendar of activities, print materials and menus for lunch.
8. Design and market Senior Center information on bulletin boards, resource tables, community gathering spaces, events, and intranet.
9. Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work may be performed in homes or an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate
• B.A./B.S. degree Social Work Administration or Nutrition related fields. 3 years of relevant experience with elderly community based programs.
Experience in-group activities and use of community resources required
Associate Degree. 2 years of relevant experience.
• Creative, organized, detail oriented person with capacity to implement multiple projects
• Must have demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication and ability to develop and maintain positive working relationship with elderly, staff and services provider
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision with in a team concept
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively-both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work with a diverse population of individuals by using tact, diplomacy and flexibility
• Ability to function independently and have the ability to perform leadership and decision-making activities
STATUS: Part-Time / Regular (.5 FTE)
SALARY: Depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and LTD disability insurance; health and dependent care FSAs; EAP and travel assistance, generous vacation/sick/holiday pay; 403(b) and pension plans. Some benefits pro-rated based on part-time status.
SEND RESUME TO:
ASIAN COUNSELING and REFERRAL SERVICE
ATTN: Human Resources
3639 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S.
Seattle, WA 98144
Asian Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers