compensation: Depending on experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
TITLE: Senior Center Coordinator II
DEPARTMENT: Aging and Adult Services
SUPERVISOR: Senior Nutrition and Assistance Manager
PURPOSE: Responsible for day to day operations of the Senior Center services, ensuring participants have a positive experience and receive needed services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Registers and checks in program participants (API elders) when arriving for activities. Track participant activities and classes using a Digital Tracking System. Assist in the management and improvement of the Digital Tracking System.
2. Plans, supervises and directs work assignments for bilingual, culturally competent direct-service staff and volunteers. Monitors performance and conducts timely performance reviews. Takes formal corrective action to ensure high quality consumer services, including input to dismiss employee and volunteers; resolves complaints and grievances.
3. Oversee the daily operations of the Senior Center Kitchen. Serve as a liaison with Kin On to provide oversight of the Enhanced Fitness Program, and with the National Asian Pacific Center on Aging (NAPCA) to collaborate on projects and supervise NAPCA participants.
4. Coordinates with external consultants, instructors, partnering agencies, and internal staff at ACRS to arrange special events, workshops, services, and activities.
5. Facilitates and coordinates meetings with the Senior Center Advisory Committee to plan, develop, and evaluate services provided to members. Develops, in partnership with Senior Center Advisory Committee, the Center's monthly calendar of activities, print materials and menus for lunch.
6. Collects and analyzes attendance data, including but not limited to age, race, ethnicity, and geographic region.
7. Designs and markets Senior Center information on bulletin boards, resource tables, community gathering spaces, events, and intranet.
8. Attends all agency, program and team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervision.
9. Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Work may be performed in homes or an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate
• Master's degree in Social or Behavioral Science: or Bachelor's degree in Social or Behavioral Science;
Bachelor's degree plus three (3) years of social service experience
Associate's degree or equivalent in Social Science and five (5) years Social Services experience.
• Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Prefer fluency in Asian/Pacific Islander language.
• Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, and data entry. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
• Ability to provide effective and respectful service to employees, visitors and clients of diverse cultural beliefs and practices.
STATUS: Part-Time / Regular (.6 FTE)
SALARY: Depending on experience
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and LTD disability insurance; health and dependent care FSAs; EAP and travel assistance, generous vacation/sick/holiday pay; 403(b) and pension plans. Some benefits pro-rated based on part-time status.
SEND RESUME TO:
ASIAN COUNSELING and REFERRAL SERVICE
ATTN: Human Resources
3639 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S.
Seattle, WA 98144
Asian Counseling and Referral Service is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. ACRS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of a service animal, military or veteran status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those individuals requiring accommodation should notify ACRS in advance. ACRS is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers