compensation: Hiring range $15.00 to $16.68 hourly DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Peer Support Specialist: New Journeys Program
Function as a member of the New Journeys team, a comprehensive program for individuals who have experienced a first episode of psychosis. Peer Support Specialists have personal, lived experience in recovery and are responsible for mentoring clients (ages 15 to 40) experiencing psychosis in their journey to health and wellness. This position works with the entire family to inspire hope and support recovery. This position carries out the activities and processes outlined in the peer NAVIGATE manual to individual program participants. Clinical services will be provided to participants in and out of the office setting to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Provide 1:1 support to individuals in recovery from first episode psychosis
• Engage consumers in a professional and open manner
• Provide an encouraging and hopeful attitude
• Interact with youth & adult clients as a peer by sharing common experiences and modeling resiliency and recovery
• Serve families and individual with Trauma Informed and NAVIGATE approach
• Share personal stories of successful education, employment and other areas of recovery
• Educate program participants on the importance of resuming social roles and developing healthy natural support system
• Lived experience navigating mental health and other young adult systems
• Washington State Peer Counselor Certification, or ability to attain within 60 days of hire
• Must be willing to use own lived experiences to provide hope and peer support to clients experiencing similar challenges
• Must be able to engage and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds
• Current Washington State Driver's license and reliable transportation to provide outreach and extensive travel throughout King County
• Pass required background checks
• High School Diploma or GED
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities' most important asset - the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661-8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032 We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers