compensation: $22.40 - $25.00 per hour (DOE) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
YouthCare builds confidence and self-sufficiency for young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 by providing a continuum of care that includes homelessness prevention, street outreach, basic services, emergency shelter, housing, counseling, education, and employment training. Founded in 1974 as a three-bed emergency shelter program, our continuum now operates across nine locations and a variety of community-based partnerships. Several of our programs are national models, and we are a leader locally and across the country in serving runaway young people and young people experiencing homelessness, as well as young people who have experienced sexual exploitation.
YouthCare is currently seeking an Executive Assistant at our Main Office. Under the supervision of the Development and Communications Officer, the Executive Assistant will support the work of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant will be required to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with exceptional written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities, requests, and confidential matters with professionalism, discretion and follow-through.
Successful candidates will have:
• 5 or more years of experience supporting Executive staff, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
• Must be able to anticipate and execute on the needs of executive leadership and be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention to detail; must be flexible in the face of changing priorities.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills.
• Must be a resourceful team-player, along with the ability to complete work independently.
• Must project a positive, collaborative, professional image at all times.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Advanced level expertise with the full MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Interest and passion for YouthCare's mission and purpose.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies! To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Executive Assistant.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers