compensation: $45,000-$55,000 DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Working in partnership with the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of the fund development and capacity building plan. The Development Director coordinates, oversees, and is responsible for all fundraising activities and strategies and works with the Board of Directors, staff, key stakeholders and the public to create sustainable funding for Healing Reins' programs.
• Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to build the organization's comprehensive, strategic fundraising program, including annual giving, major and planned giving and special events;
• Refine the development operation to include tools that support, track and analyze fundraising activity, relationship building and revenue;
• Expand Healing Reins' donor base through a variety of methods, including digital marketing, social media, gift clubs, networking, etc.
• Design, develop, implement and manage a comprehensive Annual Giving program;
• Assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in efforts to build a pipeline of future major donors and engagement plans to deepen relationships;
• Develop and grow gift recognition/stewardship programs;
• Develop relationships with foundations;
• Cultivate new and existing relationships with community partners;
• Oversee and participate in grant development including research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting requirements;
• Implement a Major Gifts program, including updating case statements and giving opportunities, prospecting, individual strategy development and execution, proposal development, gift negotiation and gift close;
• Make public appearances to network and represent the organization;
• Work in collaboration with Executive Director on strategic planning for marketing initiatives, collateral and branding;
• Participate in special event development and oversight;
• Assist Executive Director in securing new and existing corporate sponsorships;
• Integrate fundraising industry Best Practices into the Healing Reins development operation;
• Uphold HRTRC mission, vision and values.
Our ideal candidate:
• Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of demonstrated professional fundraising success with an emphasis in nonprofit (in addition to degree). CFRE a plus;
• Strategic thinker and leader with exceptional management, organizational and team skills;
• Strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and proven success in moving small or mid-sized not for profit organization to sustainable fund development capacity;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated success in writing case statements, customized proposals and grants;
• Field experience/face time with individual and corporate donors and prospects;
• Demonstrated planned & annual giving campaign experience;
• Strong interpersonal, active listening and consultative sales skills;
• High degree of competency using fundraising and supportive technology (CRM, wealth screening tools, social media, Microsoft Office, Excel, Salesforce, etc.)
Principles and Values:
Leadership - Passionate and optimistic; inspires trust and respect; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; puts success of team above own interests; gives and welcomes feedback
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions
Physical and Other Requirements:
Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; frequent keyboarding and sitting. Self-starter with ability to maintain strong and productive working relationships with Board, Staff, Volunteers and key stakeholders. Medical and dental benefits. Potential for annual, performance-based bonus. * This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as necessary. Healing Reins is an equal opportunity employer and employment is at will. All positions at HRTRC are contingent upon the availability of funding.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers