YouthCare builds confidence and self-sufficiency for young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 by providing a continuum of care that includes homelessness prevention, street outreach, basic services, emergency shelter, housing, counseling, education, and employment training. Founded in 1974 as a three-bed emergency shelter program, our continuum now operates across nine locations and a variety of community-based partnerships. Several of our programs are national models, and we are a leader locally and across the country in serving runaway young people and young people experiencing homelessness, as well as young people who have experienced sexual exploitation.
YouthCare is currently seeking Case Manager - Drop In at our University District Youth Center location. Under the supervision of the UDYC Program Manager, the Case Manager - Drop-In is responsible for the implementation of the Drop-In Program to youth who access the UDYC. This position works in close collaboration with the other Drop-In Staff and requires collaboration with the larger UDYC team to case management, housing, education, and employment. It also involves data collection & reporting on outreach contacts. This position will also be responsible for the case management of a 10-15 clients caseload.
Successful candidates will have:
• 2 or more years of successful work with homeless youth, sexually exploited youth, or high-risk youth populations.
• Ability to provide street-based outreach services in varying weather conditions.
• Familiarity and ease with harm reduction philosophies in regard to sexual activity, drug use, and other potentially risky behaviors.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies! To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Case Manager - Drop In
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers