YouthCare builds confidence and self-sufficiency for young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 by providing a continuum of care that includes homelessness prevention, street outreach, basic services, emergency shelter, housing, counseling, education, and employment training. Founded in 1974 as a three-bed emergency shelter program, our continuum now operates across nine locations and a variety of community-based partnerships. Several of our programs are national models, and we are a leader locally and across the country in serving runaway young people and young people experiencing homelessness, as well as young people who have experienced sexual exploitation.
YouthCare is currently seeking Case Manager - Care Coordinator at our Homelessness Prevention program. YouthCare's Case Manager - Care Coordinator provides case management services to 9th grade students (novice and veteran) enrolled at Interagency Academy. Interagency is a network of small, alternative high schools spread out across Seattle designed to encourage students who need different supports than comprehensive schools offer.
The Case Manager - Care Coordinator is an independent, self-driven position that focuses on improving students' school performance and increasing credits earned toward graduation. These goals are achieved through working with youth and families to address personal barriers, by supporting the student and their families in moving past these difficulties, and through creating a strong connection between student, family, services, and school. Major tasks of the position include identifying, engaging, and supporting youth and families coping with issues such as unstable housing or homelessness, mental illness, histories of trauma and violence, involvement in the juvenile justice system, drug/alcohol issues, pregnancy or parenting issues, etc.
This position is located out of Interagency Academy's administrative office, in Columbia City, though the Case Manager - Care Coordinator will be assigned to 5 schools in Seattle and is expected to have a regular presence at all sites. This position will also include travel throughout King County, depending on the needs of the clients.
Successful candidates will have:
• 2 or more years' experience working with disadvantaged youth
• Ability to relate in an empathetic, supportive, non-judgmental manner to youth and their families.
• Strong ability to work independently and remain motivated and engaged.
• Strong engagement and relationship-building skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Access to a personal vehicle and a willingness to transport youth in your personal vehicle. Possession of required liability insurance to transport youth in your personal vehicle.
• Ability to follow YouthCare's Taking Call policy when providing Safe Place coverage. Policy requirements include:
• No use of alcohol or any substance that would cause the staff member to be under the influence. Staff members taking call are expected to abide by YouthCare's Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace policy as if on-duty.
• Maintain cell phone coverage for entire time period staff is taking call. Respond to calls and messages promptly.
• Be able to answer calls at any time and physically be present if necessary.
• Maintain the ability to be accessible for calls across King County within 45 minutes.
• High School Diploma, GED, or Associate's degree.
• Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies! To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Case Manager - Care Coordinator
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers