compensation: DOE: Base Salary, 401k Match, Paid Medical Insurance, PTO/PDO/Holidays, Company Retreat, Beer! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you detail-oriented with a strong emphasis on follow-up? Are you someone who thrives on working on projects and overseeing them from start to finish? Do you have the ability to work in a fast -paced collaborative environment and oversee multiple assignments quickly and successfully? Are you interested in working closely with international customers in all corners of the world? If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Taphandles is a high energy, highly collaborative Seattle-based marketing firm that is experiencing exponential growth. Our world-class design and manufacturing capabilities make us the leader in supporting the brewing industry with the most innovative and unique marketing services and merchandise available.
The Project Manager (PM) collaborates with the members of the Sales, Design, Manufacturing, and Production Design Teams to establish comprehensive technical specifications, project pricing, creative direction, and production schedules. As customer liaison, the PM satisfies day-to-day customer service requirements, builds trust and looks for incremental revenue opportunities. While the PM will work hand in hand with the Sales Team, this is not a sales or marketing role. Their primary focus is on product delivery in a timely manner, with industry leading customer service.
The PM is responsible for overseeing all projects within a defined customer base. Key components of this position include all aspects of customer service, and delivery of projects on-time and on-budget. The PM will lead the development and execution of projects by defining goals and scope with the customer and the Sales Team, and will work closely with the Design and Production Design Teams to ensure that the end result exceeds customer expectations.
This position oversees simultaneous projects from idea to delivery and demands strong communication and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Working with the Client Services Team in support and management of projects; oversee all phases of the design, product development, and production, as well as the delivery process.
• Overseeing and driving design process while articulating customer's vision to the Design Team efficiently and effectively.
• Setting client expectations with regards to timeline and pricing.
• Following each project through production, keeping customer and Sales Team aware of changes to production/shipping schedule and provide continual customer updates.
• Communicating effectively with domestic and overseas manufacturing facilities to keep products on-time, within budget, and within customer expectations.
• Being responsible for overall project until delivered to customer.
• Being the liaison between customer, design and production.
• Providing top-level customer service / satisfaction and being a resource for the Sales Team for tracking order frequency and exposing opportunities.
• Answering and qualifying incoming sales calls and/or opportunities.
• Communicating all sales opportunities to the Sales Team.
• Being excellent and timely with all follow-up; manage project details concisely and accurately.
• Overseeing all projects within portfolio simultaneously and keeping accurate, detailed call and email notes within company CRM.
• Ability to adapt to high-paced, challenging, ever-changing environment, while prioritizing multiple assignments and maintaining a positive attitude.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Communications, Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience (required).
• Excellent communicator, oral and written (required).
• Strong attention to detail (required).
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team-oriented (required).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (required).
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator and CRM a plus.
• Experience with an ERP (SAP, Oracle, other) system a plus.
DO THIS TO APPLY:
Read carefully. Our first cut of applications will be based on following directions! Reply to ad with subject line: Project Manager-Breweries.
Please draft a cover letter and attach it to your email, providing some detail into your education and work history, and why you feel you'll be successful in a fast paced environment where accuracy and attention to detail are paramount. Remember, a person (not a computer) is reading this letter, so ditch the form letter and let your creativity flow. Additionally, your attached cover letter must address the following questions:
1. What makes you unique among all the other candidates? You can tell us a story about your exceptional leadership and multitasking prowess, share your moment of finest glory, take a position on an issue, or just riff on whatever you think is going to sell us on you.
2. What is the largest account you have worked on?
3. What is your favorite beer and why?
4. Can you read/write/speak any foreign languages? If so, please let us know your competence in each.
5. Tell us your overall GPA upon graduation.
6. Attach your cover letter and resume as a separate document. Do not add into the body of your email.
Please do not call or email to ask about the status of your application. We receive a high volume of applicants and will reach out to those we would like to review further.
Thank you for applying. Taphandles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities