compensation: competitive salary and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Stoel Rives LLP has an opening for a creative, organized, enthusiastic professional who would like to work for one of the top law firms in the United States and the region. The Business Development Specialist will reside in our Seattle office, and be responsible for business development support to our Real Estate group, as well as the Seattle office. This position will also be responsible for providing assistance with budget tracking, event strategy and logistics, pitch and proposal creation, and media opportunities. At Stoel Rives, you will find challenging work assignments, opportunities for professional growth, community involvement, and a culture of innovation.
Stoel Rives Business Development Specialists are self-starters and strategic thinkers who have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can work across all levels of firm management.
This Business Development Specialist (“BDS”) reports to the Business Development Operations Manager (supporting Real Estate) in Portland but also works closely with the Chief Client Service Officer (CCSO) and Business Development Manager SEA office. This role provides day-to-day tactical assistance to the Real Estate Industry Group, the Seattle Office, and the CCSO as they work to further the business development goals of this group and the Seattle office.
Industry Group: Real Estate
Practice Group: Real Estate
REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide administrative support to the BD Operations Manager, including:
o Budget tracking
o Scheduling real estate industry group meetings, retaining master notes from these meetings, and ensuring that all projects are followed up on
o Coordinate on projects with the firm’s outsourced graphic design professional
o Oversee events strategy for all Real Estate and Seattle office events. This will involve working closely with the firm’s Events Team.
o Managing industry, practice group and local office memberships. This will include identifying new organizations for attorneys to participate in.
• Oversee all facets of industry events and sponsorships and direct the industry group Event Coordinator as appropriate. Event-related responsibilities include, but are not limited to, venue logistics and vendor relationships, creating targeted mailing lists, managing the invitation and registration process, working with the creative team on presentation materials, ordering and assembling on-site material and promotional items, work with industry group leaders to determine attendees for the event, lead pre-event meetings with attorneys to manage logistics, day-of event support, and tracking post-event ROI data.
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry and other local associations to identify sponsorship, speaking and leadership opportunities for the attorneys. This includes negotiating sponsorship agreements and benefits.
• Maintain industry group and office specific mailing lists and provide technical (InterAction) support and training to users as needed with guidance from the firm’s Business Development Technology Manager.
• Assist with real estate and local office proposal responses by gathering ancillary information and assembling and coordinating the delivery of final product. Manage post-pitch follow-up for ROI tracking purposes.
• Work with the firm-wide Communications Coordinator and Proposal Coordinators to proactively maintain marketing collateral for all supported groups and ensure that attorney biographies are kept up to date.
• Participate in industry and practice group leadership team calls and meetings for assigned group, prepare agendas for group-wide meetings, and regularly attend and provide business development updates at these meetings.
• As directed by the Client Service Manager or CCSO, advise and support client service teams by regularly attending meetings and coordinating research and other requests as needed. Leverage firm-wide processes and procedures.
• Identify and assess media opportunities, including articles and press releases in conjunction with our PR firm. Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator on social media posts and promotion of sponsored events and speaking engagements.
• Develop, track, and manage budgets for all supported industry groups, including communicating with group leads on budget requests and approvals.
OFFICE SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain relationships with Seattle business associations and local industry organizations to identify sponsorship, speaking and leadership opportunities for the attorneys as well as manage firm memberships with various organizations for all supported groups.
• Coordinate with appropriate industry and practice group Business Development Managers (BDM) to provide local on-site support for all office driven RFPs and pitches that are not otherwise covered by an existing industry group.
• Monitor office activity to ensure that information on completed matters is drafted for future use in pitches and proposals and that all media coverage opportunities are presented to the firm’s public relations team for follow-up.
• With the Office Managing Partner and Client Service Specialist, ensure that all Marketing & business development components of the office’s community sponsorships are supported.
• With the Business Development Manager (SEA) and CCSO, ensure that the business development budget includes any needed office specific items.
• Adhere to the client service standards of the Business Development Department by contributing to best practices, systems, and processes to further the overall effectiveness and efficiencies of business development activities and client development.
• Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work successfully with attorneys, clients, staff, community, and vendors.
• Strong client service attitude highly desired.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required and InterAction knowledge is a plus.
• Strong project and time management skills with outstanding writing and grammar skills.
• Must be able to multi-task with strong project management aptitude.
• Willing to learn new things and systems and capable of working remotely and independently while participating as a team member.
• Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Travel outside of residing office to assigned offices for on-site event management and execution as well as attendance to firm-wide events as directed by dept. leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business-related areas or equivalent on the job experience.
• 3-5 years marketing experience, preferably in legal or professional services environment.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers