compensation: Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
As a University of Washington employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a "Great College to Work For" for five consecutive years.
KUOW, licensed to the University of Washington, is the Puget Sound Region's NPR-affiliated public radio service delivering local, regional, national and international news, information and cultural programming. With an audience of over one million users each month, KUOW's mission is to create and serve a more informed public. Our vision is to broaden conversations and deepen understanding.
KUOW strives to be the finest possible provider of news--both from within our region and beyond. To help in this mission, KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for an Events Manager.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position manages and directs strategy and execution for KUOW's outward-facing events. This position has the responsibility of building the framework for KUOW's overarching external events strategy across the programming, development and marketing departments. This position's ability to create large and small scale events will help support KUOW's strategic business goals around growing our audience, diversifying our audience, increasing consumption of KUOW content, and converting KUOW consumers to members. Working closely with KUOW's Chief Marketing Officer and KUOW's Director of Community Engagement, this position identifies, develops and capitalizes on events that heighten the visibility, presence and position of KUOW as an essential community resource and a convener of discussions on community-based solutions, involvement and opportunity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as the primary project manager for KUOW outward facing events. In this capacity, the Events Manager manages events logistics ranging from defining event goals and objectives, determining event content, event promotional strategy, site identification, contract negotiation for services, decorations, to technical support, post-event communications, and other duties as needed. (40%)
• Develops a holistic strategy for KUOW events across departments that integrates the goals of Marketing, Programming, Development and Business Support. In this capacity, the Events Manager collaborates with various departments to create and maintain pipelines for generating revenue and content, identify event goals, and track metrics for success. (25%)
• Works with the Chief Marketing Officer and the marketing team (Communications Manager, Aural Content Producer, Social Media Strategist, etc.) to grow and diversify KUOW's audience by increasing attendance at KUOW Events and producing events that appeal to a younger and more diverse audience than KUOW on-air. (10%)
• Works closely with the Director of Community Engagement and the Community Engagement department to develop events that achieve their departmental event goals. (10%)
• Collaborates with the Director of Development and Director of Business Support and their respective departments to produce events that help them achieve their departmental goals. (10%)
• Responsible for developing and tracking key performance indicators for KUOW Events, such as the number of attendees, the percentage of events that generate content, and the number of new audience member emails acquired from an event. (5%)
• May provide supervision over external vendors as required
• A Bachelor's degree and/or at least 2 years' demonstrated experience in project/event management within a budget and on a timeline
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to plan, anticipate, and troubleshoot
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written, online (CMS knowledge preferred) and spoken communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders (staff, KUOW members, community partners)
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, on a flexible schedule
• Ability to efficiently and effectively travel locally to alternate work sites as needed.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Must have a valid Washington State driver's license
• Well-informed in the news and cultural issues of the Pacific Northwest and public radio programming.
• Experience with strategic planning and/or process improvement.
TO VIEW THE POSTING IN ITS ENTIRETY AND TO APPLY:
-please visit www.uw.edu/jobs
-click FIND A JOB
-search for Req #161410
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select "Apply to this position". Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your "My Jobs" page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral. The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers