• Coordinate the daily operations to the specified goals, requests and expectations of the Operations Manager.
• Professional phone etiquette and strong customer services skills.
• Resolve workflow problems and conflicts by analyzing impediments and organizing work to maximize use of personnel and material resources.
• Answer phones and effectively dispatch customer service calls to drivers.
• Schedule drivers and perform routing functions.
• Dispatch Will-Calls.
• Review daily paperwork for completeness, accuracy and detail.
• Assist Sales and Customer Service with preparation of manifests and/or other paperwork as needed.
• Interact with Operations and Sales staff in resolving customer care issues.
• Maintain daily spreadsheets and other reporting as requested by Sales manager and Operations Manager.
• Prepare staff work schedules and assign responsibilities fairly.
• Ensure completion of daily production and work orders by reviewing and monitoring services and tasks assigned to staff members.
• Communicate maintenance, operational, and production issues timely, and within the establish protocol.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate daily work flow with other managers.
• Adherence to and compliance with all Cedar Grove management and reporting requirements.
• Performance of other duties as assigned to staff members.
• Performs other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
• Previous dispatch and routing experience a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Must interact effectively with all departments and divisions as a team
• Ability to multi task
• Strong attention to detail a must.
• Computer skills; MS word, excel and outlook.
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
• Presentation skills (speaking to small and large groups).
• Graduation from high school or a GED equivalent.
• Required certifications may vary depending on actual work performed.
• Three or more years of progressively responsible related experience.
• Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Solid waste and recycling industry experience.
• Must have a valid and current State of Washington driver’s license
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves walking, standing, sitting, and stooping. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 25 pounds or more. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field. Work is typically performed in an outdoor environment regardless of weather conditions. Work exposes employee to machinery and its moving parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and requires working near dangerous machinery and sharp tools.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Cedar Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.'s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces. Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity
Why Cedar Grove?
Cedar Grove Composting is a local, family-owned business with deep roots in the Seattle area dating back to 1938. Cedar Grove plays a critical role in the Puget Sound’s recycling infrastructure and sustainability efforts, diverting more than 350,000 tons of yard waste and food scraps from landfills annually. With two processing facilities in Maple Valley and Everett, Cedar Grove is a local manufacturer providing green jobs in King and Snohomish Counties. Cedar Grove produces wholesome, nutrient-rich compost that is sold to businesses, governments and residents, ensuring consumers have access to locally produced, recycled products.