QR Code Link to This Post
Medical Receptionist (Front Desk)
Eye Associates Northwest, PC is a premier multi-specialty ophthalmology group focused on delivering exceptional eye care.
We are seeking friendly, reliable, patient-focused candidates for a professional opportunity as a full-time Medical Receptionist. The qualified individual will demonstrate empathy for patient's needs, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They will have strong computer skills and attention to detail. Ideal candidates will have one to two years of experience in a medical office, and a demonstrated comprehension of clinical practices. Prefer experience using an EHR such as NextGen. In addition to a great working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits. We offer 401k with match, health, dental, disability, and vision insurance, free parking or transit card, supplemental benefits, and paid time off.
The Medical Receptionist will greet and register all patients ensuring a smooth flow of patients. Collect accurate insurance information, as well as co-payments & outstanding balances from patients while providing excellent customer service to patients and visitors to the practice.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Maintain patient flow and communication regarding appointment status.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Obtain all patient demographic and insurance information, ensure accuracy and update systems.
- Verify and record patient's insurance coverage and scan the card(s).
- Collect all patient balances and co-pays and post accurately.
- Check patients out by making follow up appointments and or entering patient recall reminders.
- Identify problem issues and determine resolution or appropriate course of action or redirection within the guidelines required to resolve issues.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a medical office preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office products, Windows environment, and strong keyboarding skills. Prefer experience using an EHR such as NextGen.
- Basic knowledge of insurance registration and medical terminology preferred.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree(GED).
- Willing to help in all areas, have flexibility and effectively work in a team environment.
- Professional appearance, strong interpersonal skills, and patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.