1. Exceptional George Nakashima rocking chair with free shaped arm on the sitter's right side. It was crafted in Nakashima's New Hope, PA. studio and is an excellent example of his artistry as a woodworker. Burned in signature on the bottom of the chair. The model is called "New Chair" and is comfortable and in very good condition for age with some expected wear. 32" wide, 35" deep on the side with the arm, 30" deep on the side with no arm, 33" high. Seat height is 13" and arm height is 20.5". $8995.
2. Amazing vintage mid century chair by Adrian Pearsall for Craft Associates. This is a real statement piece, both for its tall silhouette and its bold yellow upholstery. On top of that, it's surprisingly comfortable. It was reupholstered by a previous owner and the upholstery is in very nice condition, with the exception of one small flaw at the seam of the left arm. 25" wide, 29" deep, 56.5" high, 16.5" seat height. $1195.
3. La Fonda chair by Charles and Ray Eames, named after the restaurant where they were first installed. They were designed in 1961 for Alexander Girard, who needed seating for his new Manhattan restaurant, La Fonda Del Sol. These black Naugahyde shells are on the optional swivel base. Made by Herman Miller, labels attached to the bottom, excellent vintage condition. 25" wide, 22" deep, 28.5" high, 18.75" seat height. $750.
4. Bradington Young dark brown leather recliner. It is extremely comfortable, especially when reclined. It has nailhead trim along the front of the arms, the side, and the top of the back. It has wood legs and a subtle wing back design. Very good used condition. 33.5" wide, 34" deep, 43" high, arm height is 25.5" and seat height is 20". $950.
5. Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe MR20 chair for Stendig. Rattan cane version with classic tubular chrome cantilevered frame. Rattan is in very good condition with a break in the caning at the back of one arm. Original sticker still attached, "Stendig, made in Denmark". 21.5" wide, 34" deep, 32.25" high, 17" seat height. $1150.
6. Cool mid century side chair featuring curved bent wood back, probably walnut, and seat newly reupholstered in Knoll ochre fabric that really pops. It's in good condition with some expected wear to the wood. Really comfortable. 20.5" wide, 22" deep, 31.25" high, 18" seat height. $250.
7. Pair of vintage chrome cantilevered armchairs with new cowhide and black leather upholstery. The frames have a lot of patina, including rust and peeling chrome along the bases. They have recently been reupholstered with white and black cowhide with black leather trim along the sides and back of the seat and on the back of the backrest. They look great and they are quite comfortable with a bit of bounce as the frames are cantilevered. 20" wide, 23" deep, 28.5" high, 18.5" seat height. $995 for the pair.
Modern to Vintage Furniture & Design
407 Williams Ave S, Renton WA 98057
Modern to Vintage Furniture & Design
422 S. 3rd St, Renton WA 98057
Tuesday by appointment
Wednesday by appointment
Thursday by appointment
We now have 2 locations in downtown Renton within easy walking distance, no appointment necessary during posted hours. We also may be available to accommodate you during off hours, so feel free to email, text or call to schedule an appointment. We carry a variety of used furniture and design pieces, with an emphasis on high end mid century modern. Click the "more ads by this user" link to view all of our postings, which represent a sample of our stock. If you're interested in a particular piece, contact us and we'll tell you the location. All of our prices include sales tax, so what you see is what you pay. We accept payment via cash, major credit card or Paypal. Local delivery in a covered van is available for a reasonable charge, depending on location. Thanks for looking!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers