compensation: Starting at $14.50/hr, DoE, and benefits as descriped above. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau in Burien is looking to hire a dedicated kitchen steward to keep our kitchens clean and neat, and assist various production stations on a variety of tasks.
The main shifts we're hiring for are mid or closing on weekends, with shifts typically between 8 and 10 hours long.
The kitchen steward's main responsibilities include:
- Washing dishes and cooking ware, both for café service and production needs.
- Monitoring of sanitation supplies and equipment, alerting the production lead or manager to any needs.
- Setting up pastry for the next day's proof and bake.
- Making products such as sandwiches for the next day's bake.
- Facility cleaning, including surfaces and floors.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Prior experience as a dish and ware washer or with facilities cleaning preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and follow task lists.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working around hot water and hot bakery equipment or ovens.
- Walking on or across damp or wet areas on the floor.
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Constantly using your hands and arms, and standing or walking for most of your shift.
Depending on the hours worked, the bakery offers health, vision and dental insurance. Full-time, 40 hours per week receive both short and long term disability at no cost. Additionally, after 1 year and a minimum of 20 hours per week, an employee can elect to join our 401k, either Roth or Traditional, including a match. We also offer great employee discounts on food.
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Burien Kitchen in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers