compensation: Starting Pay DOE, please see benefits in ad employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle is looking to hire a dedicated, full time kitchen steward for bake prep, quiche, and some sandwiches. This is an afternoon/evening position, setting up for the next day's bake.
The main shifts we're looking for are Monday to Thursday, closing shifts (noon to 10 pm).
The kitchen steward's main responsibilities include:
- Setting up pastry for the next day's proof and bake.
- Making products such as sandwiches for the next day's bake.
- Producing quiche.
- Assisting with dish or facilities cleaning as time allows.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a busy retail bakery or kitchen.
- Ability to read and follow task lists.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working around hot water and hot bakery equipment or ovens.
- Walking on or across damp or wet areas on the floor.
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Constantly using your hands and arms, and standing or walking for most of your shift.
We are hiring for up to 40 hours per week for the days listed above. While starting pay is based on experience, all employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked.
At 30+ per week employees can qualify for health, dental and vision insurance. All employees working over 20 hours per week can qualify for our 401k with matching after one year's employment. We also have great employee discounts!
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Kitchen West in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers