compensation: Starting pay DOE, benefits including insurance as described in the ad employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau is looking to hire a hard working employee for our weekend Viennoiserie team.
Shifts typically start at 6 am to 4 pm, Saturday and Sunday. Additional hours are available to assist other production stations for those looking for 30+ hours
Our Viennoiserie station is responsible for laminating dough, shaping, and building of all Viennoiserie products baked for sale or use in the bakery.
Typical duties include:
- Laminating croissant dough
- Cutting, shaping and building Viennoiserie to standard weights and forms, including any fillings or toppings required pre-bake, according to recipe in quantities determined by the production manager or lead
- Keeping the station and related dry goods area clean, stocked and organized.
- Informing the production lead or manager of any stocking needs, or any equipment issues.
- Reviewing finished products with the bake station and production manager to ensure quality and consistency.
Qualified candidates will have most of the following:
- Prior experience with laminating dough and making products in a moderate to high volume bakery or recent completion of a baking and pastry program
- Ability to read and follow production lists and recipes.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Using your hands constantly, from cutting dough to piping fillings.
We are hiring for part time, 20+ hours per week, for the days listed above. Starting pay is based on experience and all employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked.
At 30+ per week employees can qualify for health, dental and vision insurance, and at 40 hours per week (FT), employees qualify for disability insurance. The Bakery pays a portion of the premiums on health, vision and dental insurance, and 100% of disability. All employees working 20 or more hours per week can qualify for our 401k with matching after one year's employment. We also have generous employee discounts on bakery products.
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include West Seattle Pastry in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers