compensation: Compensation rate, plus customer and catering tips. Benefits for those working an average of 30 hours/week. employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Groove on a Food Truck!
Marination Mobile is looking for a utility-all-around-crew member to work on our food truck for lunch service and catering events, as well as options for shifts at our Cap Hill or West Seattle locations.
Here's what your day will look like:
You arrive promptly at 7:30am at our commissary in SODO.
From 7:30-8:15 you load our food truck (aka Big Blue) with spicy pork, kalbi beef, miso ginger chicken and the rest of our tasty curb cuisine menu. You (carefully!) drive Big Blue to one of our roaming destinations throughout Seattle. You arrive, put the truck on blocks, turn on the generator and fire up the grill. For the next 3 hours you are on display for hundreds of our amazing customers we call family, as you send out Hawaiian-Korean grub at a lightning fast pace.
At 2pm, you turn off the grill, clean the flat top, close up shop and then (again, very carefully) drive Big Blue back to SODO. You day ends at 3-3:30 except for the days you'll restock the truck and then head right back out to cater a private party and bring our aloha directly to some lucky newlyweds, birthday guy/gal, or anniversary couple.
Candidates must have:
- A current driver's license, a clean driving record and the ability to safely drive and operate a food truck
- 2+ years recent experience as grill, fryer, or line cook in a fast paced kitchen
- The ability to work independently, be self directed, have high integrity and professional standards
- A working cell phone and access to email; must be able to read and write effectively and precisely follow recipes and standard operating procedures and practices
- Must be able to work efficiently and calmly, communicate with crews in a effective manner and have sound problem solving skills and abilities
- Have the ability to meet standard grill/line cook requirement: lift/carry up to 50 lbs of supplies, stand for long periods of time, adhere to safety requirements, be adaptable, have good judgment and make sound decisions. Must possess a Washington State Food Handlers Permit
- You must absolutely be on time and meet your shift commitments
This position is a 24-32+ hour position to start, with schedules on the truck, our other locations and catering events in the evenings. There is also an extended Truck training period. Qualified applicants should reply to this posting and attach a resume indicating your length of employment at former jobs.
Our employment process starts with a short telephone conversation so please include a few days or times to schedule a telephone interview.
Mahalo in advance for considering Marination!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers