What are we looking for?EDUCATION
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.EXPERIENCE
Some work experience in related field required. At least 1 year experience in related field preferred.LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Washington State Food Handler's Card. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.GROOMING/UNIFORMS
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language with guests and co-workers and to fully comprehend guest requests
- Knowledge of basic food preparaton/grilling technigques and of procedures with prevent food borne illnesses.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to perform a job or task with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to set priorities for work activities.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision ?to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality? unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
keywords: line cook; open kitchen cook; morning cook; hot line;