compensation: rate of pay depends on experience, health, dental, vision, and 401K as described in the ad. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau in Burien is looking to add a new team member to our busy dessert station!
The dessert team's main responsibilities include:
- Scaling, mixing, and cooking or baking of dessert components, such as cakes, choux, creams and fillings, in quantities set by the production manager.
- Assemble and finish cakes and mousse desserts.
- Slicing and 'plating' of individual portions.
- Assist café staff with keeping the dessert case properly stocked.
- Keep work stations clean, stocked and organized.
- Promptly informing the lead or manager of any stock needs or equipment issues.
Ideal candidates will have:
- One to two years' experience in a moderate-to-high volume dessert kitchen or recent completion of a qualified pastry and dessert program.
- Ability to read and follow task lists and recipes.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working large small and large mixers, with and near ovens and other hot surfaces, as well as working with freezers and blast chillers.
- Moving and lifting up to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Using your hands constantly, including piping, cutting (slices and decorative), stirring, and holding.
We are hiring for 40 hours per week, with a schedule of Wednesday to Sunday, 7 am to 3 pm. Starting pay depends on experience.
All employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked:
At 30 hours per week, employees qualify for participating in our health, vision and dental insurance plans, which the bakery pays a portion of the premiums (up to 80% for health insurance).
At 40 hours per week, employees qualify for short and long term disability insurance paid for by the bakery.
We value long term, steady employment, and offer a 401k with company matching for employees with one year of service, with a minimum of 20 hours per week, which this position will easily surpass.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers