THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
QR Code Link to This Post
We are building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support this promise are:
• We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
• Support other team members - help them be successful in their jobs.
• Understand that when we're on the floor we're on stage.
• We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
Apply On-Line Link https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/73767
The Chef de Cuisine is accountable for daily oversight and leadership of Vista. The position is also responsible for Menu Preparation that follows regulations established within Snoqualmie Casino Food and Beverage Guidelines. The position establishes criterions for food preparation, ingredients, quality standards, food specifications, recipe, and sanitation adherence, in addition to other criteria required for the successful operations of the restaurant. Provides direction to Culinary Staff including Hiring, Counseling, Training, day to day direction, and Supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Controls food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings and informs staff of specials, upcoming events, etc.
• Enforcement of safety and sanitation procedures throughout the kitchen and according to Company procedures.
• Menu development and implementation of recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications.
• Maintain and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures.
• Daily operations of the kitchen, including doing regular walkthroughs to inspect the facility, delegating responsibility to bring kitchen to standard, and communicating all facilities needs to the proper department.
• Determining production needs and delegate appropriate tasks to the Sous Chefs and to oversee these tasks to conclusion.
• Determination of hiring needs for the department and coordinates those efforts with HR and the Executive Sous Chef.
• Administration of the outlet, including regular reports to the Executive Sous Chef, daily log entries about operations, team member evaluations, and daily time and attendance monitoring and approval.
• Develop training plans for the kitchen staff and ensures all kitchen staff are properly trained on food preparation, health and safety standards and requirements, and food quality.
• Monitoring training and performance of all employees in their department and provide direct instruction for the development of Sous Chefs. Coach their team to achieve desired results.
• Leadership development of the staff by leading by example and teaching specific desired leadership traits.
• Responsible for ordering, product specifications, quality of food products and end of month inventory; Maintain controls for reducing and tracking costs and waste.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD)
• Five (5) years running a multi facet high volume restaurant as a Chef de Cuisine.
• OR Internal candidates must have been a Snoqualmie Casino Chef de Cuisine for three (3) consecutive years; held leadership roles in various venues AND are actively participating in the Chef de Cuisine training module.
• All experience must run concurrently with no significant gaps, and must be current within six (6) months of the application for employment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven knowledge of proper food handling procedures
• Proven strong organizational and communication skills
• Proven computer experience and knowledge (Excel, Word and e-mail)
• Food safety and sanitation certifications as required by Federal, State and Local regulations.
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO). Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required for all positions and you must obtain and maintain a Gaming License from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.