compensation: Starting Pay DOE, please see benefits in ad employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle is looking to hire a dedicated kitchen steward to keep our kitchens clean and neat, and assist various production stations on a variety of tasks. We are looking for one full time or two part time employees.
The main shifts we're looking for are Friday through Sunday, 2 pm to 10 pm, and also Monday and Tuesday, 11 am to 7 pm.
The kitchen steward's main responsibilities include:
- Washing dishes and cooking ware, both for café service and production needs.
- Monitoring of sanitation supplies and equipment, alerting the production lead or manager to any needs.
- Setting up pastry for the next day's proof and bake.
- Making products such as sandwiches for the next day's bake.
- Facility cleaning, including surfaces and floors.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Prior experience as a dish and ware washer or with facilities cleaning preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and follow task lists.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working around hot water and hot bakery equipment or ovens.
- Walking on or across damp or wet areas on the floor.
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Constantly using your hands and arms, and standing or walking for most of your shift.
We are hiring for the hours listed above. While starting pay is based on experience, all employees can qualify for benefits.
Considering benefits, depending on the hours worked, the bakery offers health, vision and dental insurance, and pays 80% of the premiums. Full-time, 40 hours per week receive both short and long term disability at no cost. Additionally, after 1 year and a minimum of 20 hours per week, an employee can elect to join our 401k, either Roth or Traditional, including a match.
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Kitchen West in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers