compensation: Starting pay DOE. Please see ad for insurance and benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our busy Capitol Hill location is looking for a full-time weekend baker. Shifts available are Thursday to Sunday, 3 am to 1 pm.
Our morning bake is responsible for:
- Proofing, baking and finishing bread and Viennoiserie products for daily sale and use in the bakery, as set by the production manager
- Making and baking savory items such as pizza, heated sandwiches, and Stromboli.
- Keeping the station clean, stocked and organized, as well as communicating stock needs to the production lead.
- Communicating with the café staff to keep pace with stocking needs.
- Working with and directing a baking assistant during busy periods and weekends.
Qualified bakers will have most of the following:
- One or two years' experience in a moderate to high volume bakery, or recent completion of a good baking program.
- Familiarity with the proofing and baking requirements of different types of bread, various kinds of Viennoiserie, and other, non-laminated doughs.
- Ability to read and follow production lists, and adjust to the demands of the day as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and are part of a team when required.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working with ovens, range tops and hot surfaces in a sometimes noisy environment.
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Using your hands constantly, from handling product to piping fillings.
While starting pay is based on experience, all employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked. At 30+ per week employees can qualify for health and vision insurance, and at 40 hours per week (FT), employees can qualify for dental and disability insurance. All employees working over 20 hours per week can qualify for our 401k with matching after one year's employment. We also have good staff discounts on bakery products.
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Capitol Hill Bake in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers