compensation: Starting pay DOE. Please refer to the ad for benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau's Capitol Hill shop is looking to fill a full-time position on our Bread Team. The shifts available are Sunday-to-Wednesday, 8 am to 6 pm.
The bread team's main responsibilities include:
- Scaling and mixing dough according to formulas, and in quantities determined by the production manager or lead.
- Shaping bread products to standard weights and forms.
- Keeping the station clean, stocked, and organized, and alerting the production manager to any ingredient needs or equipment issues.
- Periodically reviewing finished products with the baker and production manager to ensure quality and consistency.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Prior experience in a moderate-to-high volume bakery or recent completion of a qualified baking program.
- Ability to read and follow task lists and recipes.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working large spiral and other mixers, including loading of ingredients, and pulling mixed dough back out.
- Moving and lifting 5 to 15 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Using your hands constantly, manipulating dough and shaping loaves.
While starting pay is based on experience, all employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked.
At 30+ per week employees can qualify for health and vision insurance, and at 40 hours per week (FT), employees can qualify for dental and disability insurance. All employees working over 20 hours per week can qualify for our 401k with matching after one year's employment.
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Capitol Hill Bread in the subject line
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers