compensation: Starting Pay DOE, please see benefits in ad employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle is looking to add two new team members to our busy dessert station!
We're currently hiring two full time positions: Thursday to Sunday, 10 am to 8 pm, and Sunday to Thursday, 10 am to 6 pm.
The dessert team's main responsibilities include:
- Scaling, mixing, and cooking or baking of dessert components, such as cakes, choux, creams and fillings, in quantities set by the production manager.
- Assemble and finish cakes and mousse desserts.
- Slicing and 'plating' of individual portions.
- Assist café staff with keeping the dessert case properly stocked.
- Keep work stations clean, stocked and organized.
- Promptly informing the lead or manager of any stock needs or equipment issues.
Ideal candidates will have:
- One to two years' experience in a moderate-to-high volume dessert kitchen or recent completion of a qualified pastry and dessert program.
- Ability to read and follow task lists and recipes.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Physically, you can expect to be:
- Working large small and large mixers, with and near ovens and other hot surfaces, as well as working with freezers and blast chillers.
- Moving and lifting up to 15 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Using your hands constantly, including piping, cutting (slices and decorative), stirring, and holding.
We are hiring for up to 40 hours per week for the days listed above. While starting pay is based on experience, all employees can qualify for benefits, depending on hours worked.
At 30+ per week employees can qualify for health and vision insurance, and at 40 hours per week (FT), employees can qualify for dental and disability insurance. All employees working over 20 hours per week can qualify for our 401k with matching after one year's employment. We also have great employee discounts!
If interested, please reply with a brief introduction and a resume or other summary of work history, and include Desserts West in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers