compensation: Competitive starting pay, excellent insurance benefits as described in the ad. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our Burien location is expanding our basic cake production (classic chocolate, carrot and vanilla butter cakes), and we need someone on a dedicated cut and fill station.
This is a full time position, with the shifts being Thursday to Sunday, 8 am to 6 pm.
The responsibilities of the station include:
- Scaling, mixing, and cooking of cake fillings, such as chocolate mousse, pecan caramel, and cream cheese icing.
- Cutting and filling cakes to bakery standards.
- Keeping inventory properly stocked and rotated.
- Keeping the station clean and stocked, alerting the supervisor to any ingredient needs or equipment checks.
Retail baking is an active job! You can expect to be:
- Working with large mixers, range tops, ovens, and other kitchen equipment
- Using your hands regularly throughout your shift, from cutting, to scooping and picking up heavy bowls and trays.
- Lifting and carrying up to 15 lbs frequently, and up to 50 lbs occasionally throughout a shift.
We are looking for someone that can work independently from a daily or weekly task list, and that also is happy to help the rest of the team out when needed. Ideally you have one to two years experience in a retail baking setting, but we're happy to train someone that has a good record of hard work.
As a full-time position, it will qualify for health, vision, dental and disability insurance (we pay 80% of health, vision and dental, and 100% of the disability insurance premiums). After a year's employment, employees at 20+ hours per week can elect to join our 401K.
If you're interested, please respond with a brief introduction and a resume or work history. Include the phrase "Burien Cake" in the subject. You can also respond through the employment section of our website.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers