Position: Site Superintendent
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Description: Dovetail is looking for a superintendent who is well versed in the field of high-end, architecturally significant residential and commercial building. Must show examples of experience running a minimum of three $1 million-plus high-design projects in Western Washington - from site preparation through close out - while maintaining the highest degree of quality control. Must have excellent leadership, communication, and time management skills. Must be technically skilled and computer proficient, a proven ability to forecast, as well as manage budgets and schedules. Must be a leader, team player, and teacher with success managing subcontractors and carpentry crew. Excellent customer service, and must adroitly communicate with project managers, architects, and clients.
• 3-year minimum experience as site-superintendent at $1 million-plus projects.
• Technically savvy with software proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam, scheduling systems, and cloud-based software.
• Excellent customer service that's client oriented
• Well versed in the field of architecturally significant residential, commercial, and high-performance building
• Experienced in all phases of building: layout, foundations & footings, concrete, waterproofing/flashing, framing, windows & doors, envelope, int/ext trim, finish, cabinet/casework installation
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools
• Ability to interpret and build construction drawings and specifications
• Excellent time management and communication skills, including asking questions
• Must be able to keep accurate records
• Detail oriented with high standards of craft and quality
• Proactive problem solver
• Must be a leader, team player, and teacher
About Dovetail: Dovetail’s mission is to build the best, utilizing the finest craftsmanship with impeccable quality, environmental sustainability, and a commitment to lasting relationships. For 28 years Dovetail has been crafting fine residential and commercial projects throughout the Puget Sound. We specialize in custom, complex, architecturally significant projects.
Dovetail’s management is dedicated to honest, open communication and leads with an inspired mission and vision. Here, we pursue our vocations and are committed to the success of each employee. Dovetail is an exciting company that is building beautiful work with a great team of people.
1. Competitive compensation based on experience
2. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision
3. Paid vacation
4. 401K after waiting period
To apply: Please hit "reply" and send cover letter, resume, and photos of recent work with "Superintendent" in the subject line.