QR Code Link to This Post
or start getting ready for next year's tax season, understand how well you are or aren't doing (and what you can do about it), or to learn what you need to know to set up your new company's books and financial records.
This customized, one-on-one, in-person, at your place of work, up to a three (3) consecutive hour class is usually limited to no more than two people from the same company at your office or home or my place and is taught by an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor with 44 reviews on the Intuit Find a ProAdvisor website in Seattle who was nominated for the City of Seattle Mayor's Small Business Award in 2009 and who has additional certification in Intuit's QuickBooks Online, Point of Sale (POS) for retail operations, and Enterprise (for middle market companies) products and a former Operations and Office Manager or COO for a professional services company that earned 2 million a year, had 15-18 employees, and a 22-30% profit margin, and small business owner.
Why fight and wait in traffic (and lose all that potentially billable time) to get to a class (if you can get into one in today's economy and usually never at a time or location that is convenient to you) and go at the slowest person's pace (and do you really want to ask intimate financial questions about your business in front of 15-18 strangers?) when I will come to you ad show you how to use your version of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, Point of Sale, Mac, or Simple Start for years 2016, 2015, or 2014, (certain features of 2013 (you can't download bank transactions, send estimates, invoices, receipts or reports directly within the program by e-mail, or use Intuit payroll, for example) were sunsetted or expired on May 31st) and unsupported for versions 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and earlier or QuickBooks Online Simple Start, Essentials, or Plus.
It is offered by reservation only for a three consecutive hour block of time of your choice (it helps if you have previously worked with QuickBooks or other personal financial accounting software such as Quicken, Money, Peachtree, Microsoft Office Accounting, MYOB, etc (I also teach classes in Quicken as well). Classes are offered at your home, business, quiet coffee shop if you have a laptop, or are willing to come to my Northeast Seattle place. More details about what I can train you in and the cost is at the bottom of this ad.
Do you need someone to teach you one-on-one or in a small class (never more than two people) how to properly set up or check your non-smoking business or start ups chart of accounts, financial records, or books? Have you slowly come to the realization that you don't know how to use your accounting software and it is affecting your bottom line? Has your company grown to the point where it would be nice to have someone come in on a regular basis to train, tutor, and instruct you and your staff in QuickBooks (not Quick Books) to do your bookkeeping and financial reports and let you make more money by doing what you really enjoy doing? Are you embarrassed by the state of your books or piles of unsorted or unfiled financial records (don't worry, I've seen worse) and wish someone could come in and give you or your staff a quick class on how to improve them?
Or would you rather sit in the dark?
Well, let me bring my personalized class to you so you can show me your business or bring your friendly PC or Mac laptop to an independent and quiet coffee shop so I can tutor you over coffee, juice, tea or ice water.
You've hired an attorney, accountant, insurance broker, HR person, business coach, SEO expert, marketing guru, and other professional consultants to help you set up, start and manage or run your business. Shouldn't you hire someone to teach you how to effectively use the accounting software that you will be relying on to discover how well you are (or aren't) doing? Or generate an accurate profit and loss statement for your lender when you decide to expand or buy a competitor or another business?
Or would you rather walk in the dark with no financial lantern?
Let me show you via my personalized, one on one classes how to solve some of the following common accounting software, bookkeeping issues and problems:
I am a member of the Better Business Bureau, the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program, the Intuit (the folks who make TurboTax, Quicken, and QuickBooks to name a few products) Accountant's Inner Circle which advises the company on ways to improve their products (I recently identified a bug in an older version of QuickBooks Pro and suggested a way to fix it) and make them more consumer friendly (gasp!). I am available evenings and weekends if you work during the day and I am willing to travel throughout Western Washington State to bring my classroom to you.
- Help you pick the right QuickBooks program [there are five (Enterprise, Premier plus many sub categories for various professions and industries)], Pro for Windows and Pro for the Mac, Online and Simple Start) for your business and converting company files from other software programs such as Peachtree, Microsoft Small Business Accounting, and Quicken.
- Use my Intuit Solution Provider and Reseller status to obtain the desktop software at a discount or QuickBooks Online for up to 35-50% off Intuit's regular price. I can also get you QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2017 for the PC or QuickBooks Mac 2016 or extra licenses for the previous year (2016) at my cost if you sign up for credit card processing through me;
- Set-up your initial financial Chart of Accounts applicable to your business (something software can't personally provide) including bank, petty cash, employee advances, fixed assets and other assets, credit cards, loans, payroll, sales tax payable, and other liabilities, taxable and non taxable sales or services, inventory and non inventory items, other charges like postage, mileage, parking, ferry tolls, etc, payments and discounts, billing rates, custom prices, fixed or nut expenses (the bills you have to pay every month) versus variable and setting up tax lines for most accounts to make it easier to file your income tax returns and save on your accountant's fees;
- Explain why your chart of accounts should be numbered and when you should use classes;
- Set up your accounting software for On-line Banking for real-time knowledge on where your account balances currently are at including some credit cards (unless you like to pay over limit and NSF fees);
- The proper way to record personal credit card charges so you can reimburse yourself;
- Show you how to turn on certain accounting preferences in QuickBooks related to your business;
- Establish correct service or inventory items, classes, and adjusting Inventory (and if you sell informing you why it is important to keep track of your shipping costs);
- Using custom billing rates for employees and creating custom price levels for products and services.
- Using integrated third party applications correctly so you can track what they do to your company file.
- Job Costing and Estimates (and explaining how to convert your estimates into a sales order or an invoice);
- Bank, Petty Cash, Credit Card, and other Account Reconciliation;
- Bill and Credit Card Posting including matching up net credit card receipts to charges;
- Show you how to design your own customized Estimates, Invoices, Statements, or Sales Receipts with your company logo;
- Demonstrate the proper way to receive and deposit customer payments;
- Teach you how to file your City & State B&O and Sales Taxes and the proper way to remit the latter (hint, it isn't a check)
- Show you how to map your lines on your tax return to your profit and loss and chart of accounts so you can do your own taxes.
- Online Payroll and direct deposit through QuickBooks whether you have one five, or 18 employees;
- Use QuickBooks to prepare your Payroll Taxes and Forms (Unemployment, Worker's Comp, & IRS) and pay them online;
- Filing and organizational advice to keep your financial and office files in shape (such as using color tabs for certain types of files such as green for customers, blue for vendors, etc.);
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year end management financial reports including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow predictions, and who are your most profitable customers or job productivity.
I have taught "Ten Things You Need to Do to Set Up Your Start Up's Books Correctly" at the Renton Almost Free Biz School and accounting and bookkeeping fundamentals at the Six Hour Start Up Conference. I also was the subject of an article Spotlight on a QuickBooks Instructor: Teaching Small Businesses to Fish on the TeachStreet Blog. TeachStreet is a web site that brings together local teachers and inquiring students. I have been asked by Bellevue College to teach basic and advanced (payroll and taxes) QuickBooks classes.
I have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Iowa, completed two years of law school (before escaping, smile), was the former operations and office manager with a "cents" of humor for a non smoking professional services (architectural) firm that did around 2 million a year in business, had 15-18 employees, and a 22-30% profit margin. During my two and half years with the firm, I was invited to speak about my experiences with QuickBooks and office management issues at my professional association's national convention.
Previously, I was a career temporary (administrative assistant) for seven years, securities arbitrator, real estate agent, VISTA volunteer for Solid Ground (formerly Fremont Public Association), and patient financial and collections representative for the UW Medical Center.
All you have to gain is your self-confidence and self-respect by learning how to make your bookkeeping and accounting software program work for you, instead of the other way around. My goal is to teach you how to make your own financial bread or electricity for yourself.
Because I come to you in my "gas-guzzling" Prius, am certified in all versions of QuickBooks financial, Enterprise, Online, and POS software and am ranked #1 for Seattle on the Intuit FindaProAdvisor website, an investment in my time and expertise is on $150 an hour with a three to four hour minimum depending on what financial software you are using, whether you sign up with credit card processing with me, whether you bought the software from me, and how long you use my services with a three hour minimum (travel time and mileage both ways at standard IRS rates (54 cents) may apply if you are more than a half an hour of travel time) and parking, ferry fees, and tolls if applicable. I usually find that most folks need three hours so you can count dollars instead of sheep and learn how to fish (or make Tofu if you are a vegan) for yourself., the freedom to sleep at night, and to sit and keep track of your future retirement in the light.
I also offer an unlimited set up, review, and in-person training, e-mail and telephone support plus mileage both ways at standard IRS rates for one year for one person using one company file in any version of QuickBooks for $1,995 a year. Support does not include any third party applications or any Intuit or other services that you pay extra for such as payroll as they offer their own support (and why would you want to pay twice?) However, I do not offer this unlimited plan until I have first worked with you.
Parking, ferry fees, and tolls are additional for all services. Travel time and mileage may be charged based on your location. Payment is expected by cash or business or personal checks at the time of service. Credit cards are charged a processing fee. Someone has to pay for those miles.
When you reply, please include your contact information, e-mail, and phone number in the body of your e-mail as CL strips your e-mail from the from line.
QuickBooks (not Quick Books) and QuickBooks ProAdvisor are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit, Inc. Used with permission.