condition: like new engine hours (total): 2000 length overall (LOA): 32 make / manufacturer: Pearson model name / number: 323 propulsion type: sail year manufactured: 1982
QR Code Link to This Post
The time has come to sell my boat: I'm "upgrading" to a trailerable trimaran.
This is a great boat that will take you around the world. You could leave tomorrow if you hustle with the provisioning - but best wait until after cyclone season. Currently it is being used as a weekender to putz around the San Juans, but after filling the water tanks and stocking up on snacks, I would not hesitate to sail out the Juan de Fuca and head west (I personally sailed this boat to Costa Rica and back).
This is a US Coast Guard documented vessel with current documentation. The boat comes with a mooring ball in Friday Harbor.
Priced to sell fast.
Major service or new equipment installations during the past 3 years include:
- new gel batteries (2017)
- new bottom paint (2017)
- new standing rigging (2016)
- new steering cables (2016)
- new cutlass bearing (2016)
- all lights, interior and exterior swapped with LED's
- saltwater footpump in galley
- manual pumpout for holding tank
- new portlights above v-berth, old portlights rebedded (dry boat)
Model: Pearson 323, Model No. 58
Hull: Number 349, 1982
Builder: Pearson Yachts (a Division of Grumman Allied Industries)
Designer: William H. Shaw
LOA: 32' 3"
LWL: 27' 6"
Beam: 10' 2.75"
Draft: 4' 5"
Mast Ht. 45' 4"
Disp. 12,800 lbs.
Ballast: 4,500 lbs (internal lead)
Sail Area: 478 sq. ft.
Main Area: 194 sq. ft.
ForeTri: 283 sq. ft.
I = 41.0 ft.
J = 13.8 ft.
P = 36.0 ft.
E = 10.8 ft.
Hull Speed = 7.03 knots
SA/D (Sail Area to Displacement) = 14.0
D/L (Displacement to Length) = 275
BR (Ballast to Displacement) = 36%
L/B (Length to Beam) = 3.15
LWL/B (Waterline length to Beam) = 2.68
OR (Overhang Ratio) = 15%
CSF (Capsize Screening Formula) = 1.75
MCR (Motion Comfort Ratio) = 30.6
M/F (Main to Foretriangle) = 0.69
PHRF = 180 (base rating); 189 (as equipped)
- "Volvo Penta" V-drive diesel model: MD11C, two cylinder, 23 HP, raw water cooled, 2000 engine hours (new raw water pump installed 2014)
- "Walter" V-drive 2.0:1 reduction (V-drive and transmission removed and all gaskets and seals replaced 2006 by Chuck's Marine, Oakland, CA)
- Shaft: 1- 1/8" bronze
- Stuffing Box: Traditional
- Strut/Bearing: Single leg bronze/Cutlass (new cutlass bearing 2016)
- Propeller: "Michigan" 3 bladed bronze 17" LH 12"
- Controls: Dual lever at pedestal
- Raw water Strainer: "Groco" bronze
- Engine compartment Ventilation: 12v blower and natural
- Insulation: Foil & foam
- Wheel/Tiller: "Edson" SS wheel
- Steering Gear: Cable to quadrant
- Rudder: Foam filled FRP
- Rudder Post Gland: Traditional
- Supplemental Steering Gear: Raymarine ST4000 and MkII Wheel Pilot (new 2006)
- Supplemental Steering Gear: Monitor Wind Vane and wheel adaptor
- Emergency Rudder: Monitor MRUD (new 2007)
- Emergency Steering: Aluminum tiller
- Bilge Pump(s)-Manual: "Henderson" diaphragm in cockpit, "Thirsty Mate" plunger type portable
- Bilge Pumps-Auto: "Rule" 1100 with float switch
- Potable Water-Manual: "Whale" hand pump
- Salt Water-Manual: "Whale" foot pump
- Potable Water-Pressure: "Shur-Flo" with "Shur-Flo" accumulator
- Heating: "SoPac" 110-vacelectric space heater and portable "Coleman Blackcat" propane catalytic heater (new 2011)
- Head: "Jabsco" manual (new 2014, serviced annually)
- Holding Tank: 9-gallon polypropylene with manual pump out
- Head Pumps Overboard?: selector Y-valve to pump directly overboard or into holding tank
- Shower: Handheld in head
- Sump/Pump: Yes / Yes
- DC-Batteries/Amps: (2) 12v Gp27, Gel-type (new 2017)
- Battery Boxes: Plastic with tops straps and secured with additional structure and straps
- Approved: Yes (ABYC E 10.7.1 - 10.7.12)
- Engine Alternator/Amps: 35 A (new 2005)
- Solar Panel: 55 Watt mounted on Stern Pulpit with Morningstar SunSaver Duo Charge Controller (new 2013)
- Charger/Amps: "TrueCharge"/40 A
- Vapor Proof Switch: "Perko"
- Panel Location: Aft of navigation station. Two panels: (1) original equipment and (2) Blue Sea 8-circuit panel (new 2006)
- Circuit Protection: Magnetic breakers Fuses
- Battery Monitor: Analog Voltmeter with Selector for Battery 1 or 2
- AC-Shorepower: "Marinco" 30 A inlet and cable
- Cabin Lights: 12vdc LED
- Nav Station and Galley Lights: (2) 12vdc red/white LED, (1) 12vdc red/white LED
- Spreader Lights: 12vdc LED
- Navigation Lights: 12vdc LED on bow and stern pulpits, 12v LED Steaming Light on Mast
- Navigation Lights: OrcaGreen 12vdc LED combination TriColor and Anchor Light at Masthead (new 2007)
- Searchlight: 12vdc handheld
- Water Heater: "Raritan" 6 gals - 120vac & engine
- Bonding system: Yes
- Other: 12vdc Strobe Light at Masthead (new 2013)
- Sink: Single basin Stainless Steel
- Refrigeration: Top-loading refrigerator with "Cold Machine" remote compressor
- Stove Type: "Hillerange" propane with 3 Burners and Oven
- Propane Tank Stowage: Dual 10# aluminum in aft cockpit lockers
- Propane Safety Solenoid: "Bass" with gauge
- Approved: Yes (ABYC A-1.6 - 1.10)
- Other: SS Safety Bar and strap (new 2007)
Tankage and Plumbing
+ Fuel Tanks/Capacity/Material: One/22 gals/Aluminum
- Location/How Secured: Under cockpit sole/SS strapping
- Fuel Fills/Vents/Overflows: Cockpit sole/topside
- Fuel Lines/Clamps: Neoprene and copper - approved
- Filters: "Racor" and secondary
- Shut-off Valve: At filter
+ Water Tanks/Capacity/Material: Three/78 gals total/Polyethylene
- Location/How Secured: Under salon settees and v-berth/Framing and Supplemental Nylon Strapping
- Water Fills and Vents: On deck
- Water Filters: Yes
- Water Valves/Manifold: Under galley sink
- Thru-Hull Fittings/Valves: "Perko" bronze ball valves
- Approved: Yes (ABYC H - 27.4, 27.5)
- Thru-Hull Clamps/Hoses: Single and double/reinforced
- Compass: "Ritchie" 5- inch on pedestal
- Fixed Mount VHF Radio: "West Marine VHF600", 25, watt with masthead antenna
- Hand Held VHF Radios: "Apelco Raytheon", 5 watt
- Emergency VHF antenna: "Shakespeare" 10-inch with cable
- Speed Log: "Raymarine ST60+" (new 2007)
- Wind Indicator: "Raymarine ST60+" (new 2007)
- Depth Finder: "Raymarine ST60+" (new 2007)
- AIS Receiver: "NASA Marine AIS Radar" (new 2007, updated firmware chip installed 2015) (with dedicated 5-ft Shakespeare 3-dB antenna mounted on stern pulpit)
- GPS: (2) Garmin 76 (At nav station and binnacle; nav station GPS connected to AIS and Wheel Pilot via data buss.)
- Stereo/Radio: "Jensen" CD400M AM/FM/CD
- Barometer: "Boston" brass
- Ship's Clock: "Boston" brass
- Other: - "Speedtech" digital weather station
- Anchors: (1)"Delta" (est. 25#) with 26' 3/8" chain and 270' 5/8" 3-strand nylon, (1) "Danforth" (est. 12#) with 6' 1/4" chain and 150' 1/2" 3-strand nylon, and (1) "Danforth" (est. 12#) with 6' 1/4" chain and 100' 1/2" braided nylon
- Bow Roller: Single roller on SS and wood platform, offset to stbd
- Bow/Stern Pulpit: 1" SS/1" SS
- Stanchions/Lifelines: 1" SS/double wire
- Docklines: two 30' 5/8" megabraid nylon, four 12' 5/8" megabraid nylon, other assorted long and short nylon braided lines
- Fenders: (7) medium pneumatic, other assorted fenders
- Covers: Main sail and wheel/pedestal
- Dinghy: Achilles LT-2, with oars, inflator foot pump, anchor and rode
- Dodger: Offshore dodger with aft/side hand rails and removable side curtains (new 2007)
- Cockpit Awning: dodger to backstay; zippers watertight to dodger (new 2007)
- Deck Awning: mast to backstay; supported by main halyard
- Outboard motor Hoist: "Nova Lift" SS deck/stern pulpit mount with hoisting tackle
Spars, Rigging, and Sails
- Mast Details/Material: Single spreader, aluminum, black anodization
- Mast Step: On keel
- Keel bolts: N/A - internal ballast
- Standing Rigging: 1x19 SS wire (new 2016)
- Terminals: Swaged
- Turnbuckles/(pins?): SS Bronze/yes
- Chainplates/Stem: SS/SS
- Removable Inner Forestay: 1x19 SS wire w/adjustable turnbuckle, quick-release pin, and stowing gear (new 2007)
- Spinnaker Pole/Reaching Strut: Aluminum
- Running Rigging: Dacron braid
- Winches: Primary: (2) "Lewmar" ST42, at mast: (2) "Lewmar"
- Roller Furler: "Shaefer" 1100
- Vang: Traditional 4:1 Purchase w/cam cleat
- MainSail: 2005 UK "Powerhead I", 7.2 oz. TNF Dacron, 4 battens, 3 reef points
- Head Sail 1, roller furling: 2005 UK "Passagemaker", 120%, 7.2 oz. TNF Dacron, Foam Luff and Reef Patches
- Head Sail 2, roller furling: 2006 UK "Passagemaker", 95%, 8.5 oz. TNF Dacron, Foam Luff and Reef Patches
- Head Sail 3, hank-on: Horizon, 115% hoisted on inner forestay along with furling headsail as twin jibs for downwind sailing
- Head Sail 4, hank-on: Storm Jib, 65 sq. ft.
- Throwable Devices: (1) "Jim-Buoy" horseshoe
- PFD's: (4) "offshore" auto-inflating PFD's
- Liferaft: 6-person "Avon Offshore Raft"; repacked and certified May 2007; deck-mounted with canvas spray cover
- EPIRB: ACR PLB
- Flares: "Olin" kit plus many (outdated) spares
- Horn/Bell: (1) bell, (4) canister horns, (1) electric horn, and (1) manual horn
- Radar Reflector: "Davis" aluminum
- Oil/Pollution Placards: Yes / Yes
- Fire Extinguishers: (2) 3# ABC dry chemical (type I)
- Fixed Engine Room Fire System: "AD-X"
- CO detector/Smoke detector: "First Alert"/"First Alert"
- Other: port and starboard jacklines; (1) tether
- Copies of all available service records to be delivered with boat
- Owners Manuals to be delivered with boat
- Spare fuel and oil filters, alternator belt, water pump impellers, etc. to be delivered with the boat
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers