A fully-integrated national multifamily investment, development, and property management company is looking to add a Property Accountant to their growing team. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of journal entries, bank reconciliations, and strong time management skills.
The Seattle accounting team is strong in team work so the ideal candidate must be comfortable in a team environment. The Company offers competitive pay and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. EOE.
Perks: Greystar offers a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, short and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, educational reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program, generous holiday and vacation package, and more!
Location: Downtown Seattle. ORCA pass provided
• Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports, and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
• Reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
• Performs bank reconciliations and cash management duties.
• Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and company reporting.
• Acts as a liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
• Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to clients, senior managers, staff and internal and external auditors.
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, property management, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
• Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
• Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting and cost control principles.
• A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• College degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers