A busy South Seattle company is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable member to add to their team.
Our company has a strong reputation and its ongoing success provides the opportunity for talented individuals to grow in their career. You will enjoy working in a casual high-volume work environment, function as a team player and a self-starter, motivated for success.
• Review all invoices for proper documentation, GL coding, and approval prior to payment
• Prioritize invoices according to payment terms and cash discount potential
• Match invoices to disbursement requests, obtain signatures for approval to pay
• Process payment of invoices using on-line banking system including vendor template set-up and maintenance, and input of ACH, wire or book transfer disbursements
• Process weekly check runs
• Responsible for timely processing of invoices and payments in AP subledger
• Ensure accounts payable files are maintained, including W-9, 1099 and vendor files
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Take control of month end closing for accounts payable function
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• 2 + years’ previous AP experience
• Strong Accounts Payable experience as well as basic accounting
• Strong organization, communication and customer service skills
Attention to detail is a must!
• Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Ability to handle high volume, while maintaining accuracy – must be organized and proactive.
• Previous exposure to payroll processing/Benefits/and/or SAP, a bonus
Physical demands and abilities
• Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
• Frequently work on projects that require deadlines
• Frequently bend to file and maintain files
• Occasionally lift 10-15 pounds
• Health insurance • Dental insurance • Vision insurance • Retirement plan • Paid time off EOE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers