We’re looking for an analytical, strategic leader to lead the finance and administrative functions at BrandVerity.
QR Code Link to This Post
We’re a bit different than most SaaS companies: we’re bootstrapped, having never raised an investment round. This means we’re cash flow positive and have always been. This reflects deeply into our culture. We value supporting fulfilling lives, are scrappy and inclusive. We’re also oriented towards growth and manage the company to a relatively low net income (as we invest back in the business). You’ll have an opportunity to work broadly across the company and become deeply familiar with a broad range of operations at a technology startup.
You’ll report directly to the CEO, and also work in close partnership with the sales, and customer success. You’ll be based in BrandVerity’s Seattle office.
* Drive strategic financial insight: identify and track the metrics that impact the business and affect the strategic growth of the company.
* Run financial operations: forecasting, budgeting, internal reporting, annual audit, receivables management, manage our part-time bookkeeper, tax filing, and present financial health company-wide.
* Own G&A: you’ll manage an incredibly talented office manager, own benefits, maintain the cap table, manage corporate filings and run the 409A update process.
* Contracting: you’ll also own contract negotiations, ensuring successful closure to the sales process, consulting outside counsel on an as-needed basis.
Things We're Looking For
* Six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience: You’ll have experience managing financial operations at multiple levels of increasing responsibility.
* Contract management experience: You’ll have negotiated contracts with limited input from counsel. You’ll be familiar with common approaches to contracting and contract negotiations.
* Scrappiness: You’ll have a demonstrated knack for operating efficiently, and finding creative ways to do more with less.
We use a handful of tools to run the business today. Some familiarity with them will be helpful, but certainly isn’t required. They include Quickbooks, Intuit Payroll and Zenefits. Similarly, experience working in a SaaS business would be helpful, but isn’t required.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
BrandVerity is a small, bootstrapped SaaS startup with two great products. We protect the world's leading brands online through best-in-class data, seamless automation and an exceptional customer experience.
We Value Our Team
Our company’s most valuable asset is our team. To ensure everyone is happy at work and loving what they do, we place an emphasis on work-life balance, trust and empowering people to get the job done (and learn while doing it). We do our best to make sure our work environment is friendly, fun, open, and inclusive. Additionally, our approach to supporting fulfilling lives make us an excellent match for parents and caregivers and we're committed to supporting parents returning to the workforce.
We Thrive On Diversity
At BrandVerity, we know that diversity leads to better ideas, better decisions, a better work environment, and makes us a better company as a whole. We place a high value on diversity and our core values support an inclusive environment that makes us a great place to start, build or grow your career.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY