compensation: DOE with excellent benefit package employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Purpose: Provides a full range of human resource services and assistance to managers, supervisory team and employees. Key accountabilities include safety, labor relations, and development/training. The position maintains strong oversight of the status of all open workers compensation claims and assists in developing and implementing appropriate work comp case management action steps.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for supporting facilitation and implementation of safety programs. Provide support to enhance the functions of the safety committee, including facilitating safety meetings/training and conducting physical safety audits and inspections. Responsible for recommending organizational safety goals and objectives as well as leading/participating in fulfilling the goals and objectives. Ensure compliance with site procedures, management policies, DOSH and OSHA regulations, and reporting requirements.
• Counsel and assist management in the application and interpretation of the labor agreement, labor laws and regulations, and related bargaining unit employee issues. Counsel and guide management in the handling of employee grievances, union meetings, and provide input regarding the development of labor bargaining proposals. Participate in contract administration, grievance procedures and meetings. Assist in preparing background materials and conducting investigations.
• Provide on-going employee development & training to help assure a safe transition for new employees and employees transferring to new equipment.
• Monitor training and organizational effectiveness and recommend changes in training, organization processes or organization structure to strengthen the organization and its ability to attain business goals.
• Assist management in the development and implementation of job-related employee involvement designed to maximize employee job-process improvement contributions and improve employee communications.
• Work proactively with the self-insured Workers' Compensation Administrator and management to monitor and effectively control workers' compensation costs and plan employee case management steps to promote employee accident recovery. Assist with coordination of FMLA, ADA, Washington Leave Act, and other leaves for Union Employees.
• Assist with HR Metrics tracking.
• Support and fill in for other HR team members as necessary; perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Required:
• Two-year degree in Business or related field, preferably with an HR or Safety emphasis
• Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated human resources experience.
• Hands-on safety experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate computer skills using Outlook, Word and Excel also required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Make sound and timely decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions.
• Partner with managers and employees to positively impact business results.
• Interact with all levels of employees within the organization.
• Listen effectively; write and verbally communicate clearly and succinctly; provide/lead effective group presentations/discussion.
• Provide effective and motivating training sessions.
• Maintain and build credibility with employees and management.
• Solve problems and conflicts to achieve organizational goals while maintaining relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a department team, making and supporting team decisions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications - Preferred:
• Four-year degree in Business or related field, preferably with an HR or Safety emphasis
• Experience in a union environment
• PHR, SPHR, or other Professional HR certification(s)
• Relevant Safety Certification(s)
Simpson Door Company’s Employee Benefits
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) with 4% Company Match (CORE), and an additional 100% match up to the first 4% of an employee’s own 401(k) contributions.
• Vacation and PTO
• 8 Holidays
• Short Term Disability
• Jury Duty Leave
• Bereavement Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Wellness Reimbursement
• Safety Equipment Reimbursement
• Service Recognition Program
• Employee Discount
• Access to a private recreational facility at Mason Lake
• Free Parking
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers