Job Title: Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Hours per week: 30
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, Sunday, July 14, 2019.
Interview dates: July 18 & 19. Possible 2nd Interviews on July 22nd & 23rd. Applicants must be available for in-person or Skype interview on these dates.
Start Date: August 19, 2019
Organization: Pizza Klatch
Phone #: 360-339-7574
Hourly Pay: $22
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance: paid holidays and paid time off per agency policies.
Retirement benefits will be available with SEP Plan qualifications have been met.
Provide Community Services Center reception, clerical and administrative support for the agency.
AGENCY MISSION: To foster resilience in LGBTQ+ youth and create a safe and positive school experience through support, education and empowerment.
LGBTQ+ youth will be empowered to self-advocate, build community, develop confidence, and easily access resources as they explore and develop their identities. School will be a positive and supportive space where LGBTQ+ youth are accepted and celebrated – free to learn without violence, harassment, discrimination, suicidal ideation or self- harm.
Pizza Klatch offers weekly support groups for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning Youth (LGBTQ) and their allies in Thurston County, Washington. PK provides free pizza, two trained facilitators for each group, and a convenient and safe forum for discussion and education. Presently there are 28 Pizza Klatch groups at 152 local high schools, attended by 8-29 students per lunch. Approximately 400-450 youth per week are served throughout Thurston County.
Create safe space in schools especially for the most margenalized youth including transgender and nonbinary youth of color.
Decrease suicide and suicidal attempts of LGBTQ+ students.
Reduce bullying in schools, reduce self-harm and risky behavior.
Help students to feel strong enough to intervene when they witness bullying.
Lend support so that LGBTQ+ students feel less isolated in the school setting and will be more apt to graduate.
Pizza Klatch staff and volunteers represent the full diversity of students we serve, inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, intersecting identities, and lived experience.
Educate group members on various subjects and resources related to gender identity, sexual orientation, and social justice.
Under the direction and guidance of the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for front office management, administrative assistant and greet the public and direct clients to appropriate resources.
We are seeking a dependable, professional Administrative Assistant to join the team. This is a 30-hour a week position with hours from 9:00 a.m. -- 4:30 p.m., Monday -- Thursday. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, busy office, with multiple deadlines. You must be comfortable prioritizing a high volume of work, switching between projects, and performing a wide range of administrative support functions. As the first person the donors, visitors and clients encounter or speak to, it's important that you project professionalism, friendliness, and a pleasant and cheerful demeanor that relays to callers and guests that they are welcome, and you are eager to assist them. The office has recently relocated to downtown Olympia. The ideal candidate will develop rapport with members of the street community.
This position will receive a minimum of 30-hour Advocacy Based Counseling training within the initial orientation period and will receive a minimum of 10-12 hours of training annually thereafter. Individual staff will participate in Team Consultation, supervision and mentoring opportunities on a weekly basis.
This position is grant funded. Funds currently support the position through June 30, 2021. Position continuation beyond that date is dependent on funding.
The ideal candidate will:
Lived experience advocating for the rights of LGBTQ+ people of color, Two-Spirit and transgender people, particularly those with intersectional identities.
Lived experience supporting people with diverse cultural affiliations and abilities, especially traditionally underserved communities.
Lived experience establishing and maintaining
Maintain a commitment to personal and professional anti-oppression work.
Commit to and practice self-care for the purpose of maintaining personal and professional health.
Contribute to a respectful and safe environment where Pizza Klatch staff, volunteers, community members and those receiving services can offer constructive feedback and where each person may grow professionally and personally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Provide general reception, clerical, and administrative support for the agency.
1. Answer Community Services Center telephones; respond to donation calls; and assist service vendors, volunteers and members of the public.
2. Refer clients to appropriate direct service workers.
3. Handle requests for general information about Pizza Klatch.
4. Assist walk-in donors, accept donations and write receipts.
5. Read through incoming Pizza Klatch emails daily and forward to relevant staff.
B. Provide administrative support for the development team.
1. Data Management:
Update Neon Donor database, including address changes from returned mail.
2. Donation Preparation:
Prepare incoming check and cash donations for daily deposit.
3. Invoicing and accounting support
C. Provide clerical and administrative support to staff and/or program areas.
1. Enter and update all training records for staff and volunteers in InfoNet.
2. Monitor inventory and order agency supplies monthly, or as needed.
3. Maintain current staff, volunteer, and Board databases and rosters.
4. Maintain information in agency administrative notebooks and electronic files.
5. Assist with creating, updating and typing forms and correspondence, as well as other paperwork needs.
6. Assist with specific database entries for program areas, as requested.
7. Assist staff and committees with administrative support, as needed and as time allows.
8. Assist in the distribution of agency brochures and handouts.
D. Handle incoming and outgoing mail, pick up and drop off mail daily, and assist in mail and resource distribution.
E. Assist the Executive Director in maintaining documentation for the Board of Directors.
1. Prepare monthly Board Meeting support information and packets, as requested.
2. Maintain electronic Board meeting files, including agendas, minutes, and supporting documents.
F. Develop and maintain reception notebook for job area.
G. Community Resource Navigator
1. Provide legal, medical and advocacy based counseling to victims/survivors of violence, harassment and sexual prejudice, including but not limited to transmisogyny, transphobia, racism, ableism and classism.
2. Coordinate with relevant organizations/service providers to increase effectiveness and availability of advocacy services.
3. Keep informed of best practices, developments and trends in the program’s operation and be alert to changing community needs.
4. Perform duties as described in a culturally responsive manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be committed to the mission, vision and values of Pizza Klatch; specifically, reducing
bullying and suicide by helping make schools safer for LGBTQ+ youth.
* Someone with lived or professional experience of intersectional identities of LGBTQ+ people;
* Ability to pass a Criminal Background Check (no crimes against persons).
* A minimum of one years' general office experience and phone reception.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, including a high level of proficiency in Word for Windows,
Excel, and Publisher. Knowledge of creating Excel spreadsheets is essential.
* Working knowledge of Internet and e-mail.
* Accurately type at least 60 words per minute.
* Experience and demonstrable proficiency with word processing and database management systems.
* Experience editing documents, newsletters, correspondence, reports, etc.
* Experience typing business correspondence, reports, and proposals.
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work cooperatively with, and take direction.
* Ability to handle stress effectively.
* Sensitivity in relating to victims of intimate and cultural violence.
* Ability to work with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a crisis intervention work environment.
* Have a car, liability insurance, and a telephone.
* Commitment to the need for client and agency confidentiality.
* Agreement with the Pizza Klatch philosophy statement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required, and a minimum of one year general office and clerical experience or completion from similar job training program. Specific knowledge, experience, and abilities acquired must include the following:
1. Ability to organize effectively.
2. Ability to handle detailed work accurately.
3. Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Ability to handle stress effectively.
Pizza Klatch is actively recruiting persons from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds and to enhance service to our diverse communities.
People Of Color and Transgender candidates are encouraged to apply.
Pizza Klatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Volunteer & Internship Provider.
How to Apply:
Please submit a (1) completed application for employment form with 3 professional references (see below), (2) resume, (3) cover letter by 5:00 pm, Sunday, June 14, 2019. Submit all application materials to: Info@pizzaklatch.org and in the subject line put: “Admin Asst / Reception Application.”
Please detail the following in your cover letter:
Your relevant qualifications and/or experience advocating for the rights of transgender and non-binary people of color, Two-Spirit, QTPOC and LGBTQ+ people , particularly those with intersecting identities.
Your relevant qualifications and/or experience supporting people with diverse cultural affiliations and abilities, especially traditionally underserved communities, such as those marginalized by transmisogyny, transphobia, racism, ableism and classism.
A description of how you are an ideal candidate for this position.
Resume should detail prior work, volunteer, and education experience. The cover-letter should share your story; explain how your experience meets the above expectations and why you would be the ideal candidate. Please limit cover letter to 2 pages. ***Incomplete application materials will not be considered.***
Please note, that although we are asking for applications by July 14th, positions will stay open until we have hired a qualified candidate.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities