Position Title: Development Associate
Position Type: Full time, Exempt.
Salary: $35-40k range; DOQ. Full benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, holidays, vacation, and more.
Reports to: Deputy Director
About Us: The Family Support Center of South Sound is a nonprofit 501c3 multi-service agency located in Olympia, Washington, founded in 1992 to provide families with coordinated supportive services in one centralized location with the mission, "Working Together to Strengthen All Families". The Family Support Center seeks to build strong, healthy, safe, and hopeful families through collaborative programs and services.
Position Summary: The Development Associate's main objective is to work with the administrative team to generate funds for the Family Support Center. The Development Associate is responsible for overseeing fundraising activities including the Mother's Day 5k, Father's Day 5k, Spring Luncheon, Golf Tournament, and Fall Breakfast. The Development Associate is also responsible for donor management, including recording donations, cultivating relationships with sponsors, and tracking progress of fundraising campaigns.
• Experience: Successful applicant must have 1 or more years of experience or demonstrated skills in professional fundraising, grant writing, community relations, or related work.
• Education/Training: Bachelor's Degree or commiserate work experience in communications, journalism, marketing, social work, or a related field.
• Technology: Proficient in computer use, including Microsoft Windows programs, donor database or development/grant management software
• Supports the mission of the Family Support Center; must be passionate, committed, and possess a strong desire to help families and children
• Must have excellent, professional written and oral communication skills including; ability to write persuasively, comfort speaking in large and small groups,
• Event planning experience & demonstrated success
• Ability to work well with others and foster collaboration
• Must be detail oriented--pay close attention to detail and aesthetic design
• Have a driver's license and insured personal vehicle; willingness to travel locally
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan, coordinate and administer fundraising activities; achieve or exceed all funding goals.
• Develop and distribute event related marketing materials including: social media postings, sponsorship packets, flyers, invitations etc.
• Coordinate sponsorship requests, provide packets to the board and team for distribution.
• Solicit, cultivate, and maintain strategic relationships with donors and partners; increase donor base
• Manage donor records, lists, acknowledgements, etc.
• Support Executive Team with grant writing.
• Participate in marketing/tabling opportunities that increase visibility and/or donor base.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers