Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Pathways Care Coordinator – Centralia - Posting #19-027
This position provides care coordination to agency patients. Care Coordinators (CC) are designed to utilize the Pathways model to provide support to patients. Care coordinators work one-on-one with patients to help them better self-manage their health through coordination with their providers and education on local resources.
In fulfilling these duties, the incumbent performs the following duties independently:
• Care coordinators will provide outreach and initial assessments resulting in the development of a client profile and initial checklist. Additional health screens can include the Patient Activation or Caregiver Activation Measure (PAM/CAM), Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) and the KATZ measure for activities of daily living. Other screens may be used as appropriate for care. The patient checklist will be updated at every visit.
• Supporting the patient in attaining short and long term goals. Motivational interviewing techniques will support goal setting. The CC will spend time advocating, educating and supporting the patient and natural family supports to attain and improved self-management skills.
• CC will meet ongoing both in person and telephonically to support patient and the patient attainment of health care goals.
• Coordinate with the authorizing and health care or social service entities as necessary to maintain self-care and support the patient’s goals.
• Focus on several key indicators of health, both medical and social, called pathways. Care coordinators support patients in working through specific pathways to ultimately improve their health outcomes
• Care Coordinator will document patient progress and recommendations in the Pathways care coordination system. All in person and telephonic encounters will also be documented.
• Possess an associates degree;
• Bachelor's degree in a related social service field preferred but not required
• Above average Microsoft Office skill set
• Experience working within health systems or providing case management
• Experience with underserved, transient populations
• Familiarly in Motivation Interviewing technique
• Strong communications skills
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!