compensation: $13.00 - $16.00/hour
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Assistant Manager (AM) supports the Restaurant General Manager in meeting sales
and budget targets while ensuring excellent guest satisfaction. The AM helps manage
financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and compliance
across shifts for desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability and
employee retention). The AM has full accountability for restaurant operations in the
absence of the RGM. An AM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including
extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant.
This position interacts with customers, restaurant Team Members, the RGM, outside
vendors and members of the field operations team.
Essential Functions and Duties:
1. Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products for prompt customer delivery within established speed of service guidelines
2. Motivates and directs Team Members and Shift Managers to exceed customer expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings
3. Supervises and trains Team Members and Shift Managers on team stations, Burger King Corp. (BKC) products, processes and policies
4. Follows cash control/security procedures and helps to implement marketing plans, maintain inventory, manage labor, and apply financial reports across shifts to enhance restaurant results
5. Assists RGM in enforcing compliance with government regulations, BKC Market Policy, employment law, food safety, BKC Security Policy, operations, and BKC policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts
6. As part of the restaurant management team, recruits, hires, trains and works to retain effective team talent, by making decisions or recommendations on hiring and advancement
7. Makes decisions or recommendations on the discipline and terminations of team members
8. Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
9. Prompt and regular attendance for assigned shifts, meetings and training
1. High School Diploma or GED required, some college preferred
2. 3 years experience working in the quick service restaurant industry as a Team Member or Assistant Manager
3. Completion of all BKC certification programs
4. Must be able to pass a background check.
1. Demonstrates English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension
2. Demonstrates leadership skills
3. Demonstrates formal understanding of the quick service industry and the customers
4. Recognizes and solves routine problems
5. Demonstrates ability when needed to receive instruction, guidance and direction from others.
6. Develops knowledge and skills in basic tasks, practices and procedures within own area
Traditional Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to lift, move, carry, and stack cartons up to 50 pounds from various heights to/from shelves
2. Stand and walk for long periods of time (duration of shift)
3. Occasionally climb on stools or ladders and reach for items located on shelves
4. Frequently squat or stoop to reach items on low shelves or off the floor
5. Routinely reach overhead, forward and underneath shelves, counters, tables, and kitchen equipment
6. Requires frequent motions of bending, wiping, sweeping, mopping, wrapping, and squeezing
7. Frequent exposure to fluctuating temperatures in areas such as cooler, freezer and cooking sections of restaurant
8. Occasional climbing required for roof inspections
As a member of FOR Northwest's management team you will receive full-time hours, medical & dental benefits after 6 months of employment and one weeks paid Vacation after a year of employment. You will also be eligible to take advantage of career advancement within our internal promotion program.
Click Here to Apply Now!