Lead Teacher, Early Learning
QR Code Link to This Post
Pope's Kids Place provides individualized care for children and young adults with exceptional medical and behavioral needs to strengthen them, their families and the community.
Where our Early Learning Center differs from others is that we accept children with behavioral needs, while most others do not. Our main focus and goal is to provide a warm, safe environment for these children, to be able to help them develop and use the skills they need to move on to Kindergarten and utilize throughout their life. We have a mixed classroom of typical and behavioral children, so there are model behaviors to learn from. Here at Pope's Kids Place you can be a part of an amazing experience providing the care and skills our children need.
As a Lead Teacher and part of our team, you will Lead, coach and mentor our Teacher Assistants. The Lead Teacher will be responsible for developing the curriculum and ongoing program of activities that promote social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child enrolled - Assess each child's developmental growth and progress and communicate with parents - Partner with Directors and staff to achieve goals.
• A love for children and the willingness to adhere to our Mission.
• Emotional stability; patience and calm demeanor. The ability to manage emotions while experiencing stress.
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to Early Childhood Education.
• Strong organizational skills
• Independent judgement; ability to independently manage the classroom and curriculum.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and respect to community members from multiple cultures, and to
individuals who experience disabilities.
• Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds, work both indoors and outdoors, and continuous movement
involving physical contact with children and their activities.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must have 30 STARS hours or complete training within 6 months of start date
• Must participate in STARS continuing education per WAC guildelines
• Must have 1 year experience in a classroom setting
• Must have 2 years' experience working with chidlren
• Must have ability to speak, read and write English.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification
• DEL Background Check
• Current Washington State Food Handlers Card
• Valid Driver's License
• Must have and stay current on all required immunizations and training, per state licensing requirements.
Come be a part of our team and in making a difference in the life of a child and the community! Pope's Kids Place, This Place Changes Everything!
Please email resume.