compensation: Depends upon experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
PENINSULA SERVICES, a non-profit agency based in the Puget Sound region, is looking for a qualified Manager for our Whidbey Island SERVMART Store.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Servmart stores serve the needs of the Navy and other own and operate a store in Oak Harbor and another in Bremerton, WA. With the advent of online purchasing, Servmart can now reach our Military men and women throughout the world and deliver orders locally at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Bremerton, Sub Base Bangor, Everett Shipyard, Naval Station Whidbey Island, government and public customers. The Manager we are looking for will have the ability to supervise and manage all operations of the Whidbey Servmart store, and to supervise and monitor the performance of all staff in this fast paced environment.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer of Peninsula Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise the completion of all Servmart store operations and tasks and assist staff as necessary
• Monitor inventory, usage, and ordering of store stock and operational supplies as directed by the CEO
• Actively market the local store by using media, personal contacts, brochures, fliers and displays
• Monitor and prepare the Daily Sales Report and ensure its accuracy prior to submission to the CFO
• Conduct the daily credit card processing machine batch close out ensuring it matches the Daily Sales Report and submit results to the CFO via fax or email on a daily basis
• Download monthly data from Keystroke POS and submit all required reports to the CFO in a timely manner
• Monitor, correct and document inventory discrepancies reported from spot checks conducted by staff
• Attend manager meetings on a monthly basis and/or as directed by the CEO
• Prepare, edit and submit the yearly store operational budget input to the CFO as required in a timely manner
• Provide on-the-job training as needed for all store staff and coordinate formal training via HR
• Provide and document monthly safety training and drills per the Safety Training Calendar and submit documentation to HR staff
• Maintain a current and updated schedule of task assignments for all store staff
• Prepare and promptly submit end of pay period staff timesheets to the payroll clerk
• Oversee the office and administrative tasks and monitor all filing systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency
• Monitor and maintain productivity records for the store staff and consumers
• Provide prompt and courteous customer service as needed in person, via phone or electronically
• Monitor the identification of proper authorized signatures on all government requisitions
• Ensure credit card and Personally Identifiable Information security are maintained
• Act as a role model for employees and consumers and monitor all training activities
• Prepare yearly staff performance evaluations and submit to the HR director
• Ensure store safety and security (theft prevention)
• Report all building and grounds discrepancies to the landlord and Business Office and ensure corrective action is taken
• Monitor delivery vehicle usage and ensure periodic maintenance is performed at scheduled intervals and any discrepancies or safety issues are corrected promptly
• Provide pricing/product updates for the online site and ensure store shelves reflect any changes
• Ensure emergency equipment (fire bottles, first aid kits) are checked and documented monthly and inspected yearly
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have actual experience in receipt, storage, and issue of multi-line, high volume items. Knowledge of Electronic Inventory Management System desirable. Good computer, reading and general math skills are required. We prefer someone with Naval supply experience due to customer base and replenishment procedures. Must have knowledge of warehousing and stock storage procedures,. Must have a valid Washington Driver's License and a clear driving record to be eligible for company insurance coverage. Must pass a federal security clearance, background check, E-Verify process and pre-employment drug screening. Must have the ability to stand for up to 8 hours per day as well as other physical duties listed below:
Standing/Walking: Frequently; required to perform the job tasks, walking to each location in the warehouse.
Pulling/Pushing: Occasionally; pushing and pulling when using pallet jacks, picking carts or four wheel carts to transfer cartons. Each carton weighs twenty to thirty pounds. Carts or picking carts may weigh up to five hundred pounds.
Lifting/Carrying: Frequently; necessary when taking individual cartons off of racks (by hand) to transfer to and from stock pallet and carts, then placing contents onto shelves individually. Cartons weigh twenty to sixty pounds, items weigh 7oz-3lbs
Stooping/Crouching/Bending/Kneeling: Frequently; to fill, rotate and face lower shelves with stock.
If you are interested in this position, applications and complete job descriptions are available at the Peninsula Services' Human Resource Office located 7500 Werner Rd in Bremerton, at The Oak Harbor Servmart Store at 617 W. Industrial Way or you may request the application packet by email through the CL relay. Please include a cover letter, which will be evaluated as part of your application package.
You may submit your application by email, at our Bremerton or Oak Harbor location above or mail to Peninsula Services * PO Box 5030 * Bremerton, WA 98312.
Please Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Peninsula Services is a non-profit agency that is compliant with all EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability hiring requirements and supports reasonable accommodations for all positions.
Persons with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given preference. Peninsula Services is a drug free work place. Pre-hire drug screening is a part of the hiring process.
Closes: Friday, August 24, 2018
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities