employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Heights at Sheridan Apartments in Bremerton is looking for a Maintenance Technician for immediate opening!
SUMMARY: The role of the Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the entire property in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition and assist in other types of maintenance when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
A. Corrective Maintenance
1. Satisfies service requests per work order, following company procedures:
2. Assists with apartment make-ready procedures:
B. Preventative Maintenance
1. Makes regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances and major equipment:
2. Makes repairs or replacements, as necessary and with approval of the Resident Manager
C. Emergency Maintenance:
1. Is on call for emergency duties when assigned;
2. Is familiar with power, water and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
3. Knows emergency telephone number (e.g., police , fire department, Resident Manager);
1. Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies;
2. Picks up trash on property;
3. Reports all needed repairs to the Resident Manager;
4. Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary;
5. Attends all instructional classes conducted by management;
6. Trains subordinate for this position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - This position may carry supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school education or equivalent.
2. Full-time maintenance experience.
3. Own transportation.
4. Own tools.
5. Familiarity with electricity, plumbing and carpentry.
6. Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances.
7. Appearance and manner must be compatible with the image of the property.
8. Can live on-site if required.
9. Good safety habits.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing etc.) Must be able to speak to tenants and maintain good working relations with other staff members, tenants and supervisor as well as any contract laborers working on the property.
REASONING ABILITIES - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, may be required to perform repetitious movements for long periods of time in order to complete a task, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill
presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc., must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive.
General office environment as well as outdoor environment. Exposure to weather--heat, wet, cold, wind, and noise. Must sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, climb, crouch, reach, handle, see, hear and talk (Constantly). Lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs. (Frequently). Items that are over 50 lbs. must be lifted, carried, pushed, pulled, or moved with proper equipment for assistance (dolly) and proper safety procedures must also be followed. Exposure to chemical or mechanical/electrical items (Frequently).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Wage DOE. Please apply through the link!