The Machine Operator will perform tasks such as setting up the machine materials for operation, as well as monitor and troubleshoot machines throughout the shift. Perform minor repairs as needed. He/she may have to operate forklift for transporting materials. The Machine Operator must have high safety standards.
Essential functions and job duties:
• Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Test operation of machines periodically
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logs
Must have prior experience working in a technical or manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience operating Trumpf Press Brakes, Homag routers, banders, or other similar equipment preferred. Must be conscientious, dependable, and have a stable work history. Lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted, bending, stopping, good reasoning skills, math aptitude, and ability to read shop drawings required.
"We are builders. We intend to live forever in this community. We create skilled jobs by designing and manufacturing distinctive products for discerning customers. We do this with care for humans and the earth that would make our parents and our children proud." - Clif McKenzie, Watson CEO
Watson's Guiding Principles:
• Built Here : All our products are manufactured at the Orchard, our 34-acre forested headquarters in the Pacific Northwest. This state-of-the-art facility converts regionally sourced raw materials to finished goods through advanced CNC machining processes and superior handcraft.
• Distinctive Product : Each of our product lines are engineered for unmatched simplicity, beauty and durability. Our design process revolves around users' needs and sustainable manufacturing processes.
• Practical Environmentalism : We believe we should return this world in better condition than we found it. We adhere to the concept of Practical Environmentalism in which our aggressive pursuit to minimize impact on our planet is achieved within a disciplined structure of environmental and financial accountability.
• Passionate People : We believe in the dignity of the working woman and man. We foster this dignity by providing competitive compensation and benefits, sharing our profits and maintaining high expectations.
• Financial Stability: Maintaining a strong cash position and avoiding debt enables us to thrive in economic downturns and invest in cutting edge manufacturing techniques and responsible growth.
Submit applications to www.watsonfurniture.com/careers under the Current Positions link. Applications will only be processed through our website.
Watson's an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Watson will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers