The Drafting Design Specialist is a critically important member of our Client Services and Sales Operations teams. This position is responsible for designing creative furniture layouts using our products to solve client challenges. The Drafting Design Specialist works collaboratively with Sales Reps, Account Managers and Engineers to determine the best solution based on a variety of considerations.
QR Code Link to This Post
Secondarily, the Drafting Design Specialist will foster a deep understanding of our product and manufacturing capabilities to recommend custom furniture solutions, as appropriate. As well as process improvements pertaining to design, nonstandard product, and customer deliverables. This knowledge will also be leveraged to collaborate with customer service representatives to diagnose existing product issues.
The Drafting Design Specialist cultivates and maintains excellent cross functional relationships with Sales Managers, Sales Reps, Account Managers and Operations staff to ensure that all processes are operating effectively and communication is fluid.
Essential functions and job duties:
Design and Layout:
• Design and communicate compelling furniture layouts that delight our customers.
• Understand relevant customer hardware and software technology to best incorporate into the furniture.
• Apply best practices for circulation design, ergonomic design and ADA guidelines
• Exercise creativity and a keen eye for aesthetics to advise design solutions for customers
• Demonstrate pride and confidence in producing customer facing documents that excite our customers
• Practice sound organization and task management to ensure 100% on-time delivery of client requests
• Proactively communicate with project teams to maximize client satisfaction
Maintain and Improve Resources
• Advise and implement improvements to the product catalog
• Develop a deep understanding of relevant software tools to continuously improve workflows and deliverables
• Recommend product design improvements based on experience and customer feedback
Skills / Competencies
• Ability to read architectural drawings and understand basic spatial concepts
• Experience with CAD drawing software (AutoCAD, Revit or SketchUp preferred)
• Background in multi-disciplinary design or cross-departmental collaboration
• Demonstrated design experience or education
• Familiarity with interior or furniture design best practices
• Ability to effectively utilize software tools to communicate and space plan
• AutoCAD experience required
• Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and environments preferred
• Patience and the desire to ensure each client feels like a top priority by providing the highest level of customer service.
Submit applications to www.watsonfurniture.com/careers under the Current Positions link. Applications will only be processed through our website.
Watson's an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Watson will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.