This position is focused on general labor and site maintenance around the fish farm and will assist in daily operations, including feeding and monitoring the overall health of the fish. This is an entry-level position with potential to lead to a career as an Aquaculture Technician. Work is performed primarily on floating fish pens which are located outdoors in the waters near Bainbridge Island, WA. This is a year-round, full-time hourly position that will report to the CAP Site Manager.
• Assist with daily operations of feeding, cleaning nets and general maintenance and upkeep of the farm.
• Assist in the harvesting process, which includes the stun and bleed process as well as monitoring the quality of the fish throughout the harvesting process.
• Assist in general site maintenance of site equipment and farm facilities. Including float scraping and fish net washing.
• Assist in regular and scheduled fish feedings.
• Monitor overall health and size of fish stock.
• Assist with transfer of stock between pens and sites, harvesting of fish stock.
• Sort fish to maintain optimum health of stock.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Physically able to lift up to 75 pounds and to work on floating fish pens, moving freely between pens, docks, skiffs and larger boats.
• Must be able to work with hands, wrists and arms.
• Must be able to work on a vessel.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Mechanical aptitude highly recommended.
• Availability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays; when necessary is a job requirement.