The Suquamish Tribe is recruiting for a Peer Support Specialist in our Wellness Dept. The incumbent will ensure that our clients receive services in a supportive and timely manner for optimal health and well-being. The Peer Support Specialist shall support and assist clients and their families through advocacy and education, and by linking them to providers, medical services, residential, social, behavioral, and community support services. The Peer Support Specialist will manage the Recovery Coach program, providing recovery support through advocacy, and education. The Human Dignity re-entry model for the “Welcome Home Project” will be used in partnership with the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe.
QR Code Link to This Post
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Certified Recovery Coach training required within 6-9 months of hire to co-facilitate Recovery Coach Academy.
• Have a good knowledge of Tribal community setting.
• Ability to foster a positive working relationship with clients of the Wellness Center, Suquamish Tribal Member Community, and other community partnerships.
• Facilitate meetings with Tribal Members in either individual, or group setting.
• Demonstrate knowledge, and understanding of Tribal Behavioral Health Care systems.
• Must demonstrate a strong work ethic and uphold professionalism in position at all times.
• Case management experience and effective communication skills are required.
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and develop a sense of trust and rapport with clients served.
• Must possess, or have the ability to obtain a standard first aid card or first responder card
• Demonstrated ability to maintain client confidentiality
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively with other staff on Tribal projects
• Have the ability to work non-traditional work schedule including evenings and weekends
• Local, statewide and out of state travel may be required
• Must possess clean driving record
• Minimum of 5 years with no criminal convictions required for Kitsap County Jail access
Education and/or Experience
• BA in related field preferred, including a minimum of one year of experience working in a Behavioral Health care setting.
• Experience in working in Indian Country preferred
• Training required within six months of hire:
• Motivational Interviewing
• Trauma Informed Care
• Conversational Intelligence
• HIPAA – specific to Behavioral Health
State/Federal/Tribal Background check required
Valid WA State Driver’s License required
Pre-Employment drug testing required
Native American preference
Salary D.O.E. plus benefits package. To apply: Please download a hardcopy application from our website at www.suquamish.nsn.us and return to our HR Office. You may also apply online from our website and attach your cover letter & resume to the application. If you experience any difficulties with the online application, the hardcopy version will suffice. If you would like a copy of the job description, call the Suquamish Tribe Job Line at (360) 394-8414 or e-mail email@example.com. OPEN UNTIL 6-6-19