compensation: $16 - $18 per hour, DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Compensation: $16 - $18 per hour
Employment Type: part-time
Schedule Requirements: This is a part-time overnight position. Shifts are Monday - Wednesday 10:30 PM to 6:45 AM but additional shifts are offered to all employees based on staffing needs for events.
Meydenbauer Convention Center, the Eastside’s largest and best event facility is looking for P/T Security officers to fill recurring weekend shifts.
Meydenbauer Center's mission is to provide an outstanding event and performing arts center that generates community and employee pride, creates economic stimulation, and provides exceptional guest satisfaction.
Hosting hundreds of events each year means that no two days will be exactly alike. Our staff appreciate the varied, fun and high-quality events we host. Our shared values of people working together, integrity, creativity and innovation drive us to provide an exceptional experience!
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will play a vital role in ensuring our guests' safety and security, as well as providing exemplary service when interacting with our facility's employees, vendors, guests, event managers and the public. In this role, you'll remain calm under pressure, think quickly on your feet and maintain a professional manner. A high level of ethical conduct is expected.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys variety and working with people, can see the big picture, apply policies and procedures and make decisions independently. As a Security Officer you will:
- Greet guests and vendors
- Assist with crowd control by providing direction to guests, vendors and employees
- Assist with traffic control in and around the facility including a three-level parking garage
- Post appropriate signage, adjust stanchions and access points as situations change
- Control access to events, sensitive areas and other parts of the facility
- Provide direction and guidance to contracted security personnel
- Monitor event compliance with established safety requirements
- Monitor the loading dock for safe use and process freight
- Conduct regular foot patrols of entire facility
- Maintain department log sheets, receiving documents, and lost and found
- Respond to fire alarms, medical situations, incidents and other emergencies
More Position Details
- Additional hours may become available to cover for coworkers' vacation and sick days
- $1.00 per hour is added to wages as a shift differential for hours worked between 12 AM and 6 AM
- Retirement plan with match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Employee Assistance Program offered
- Teledoc Medical Program
- Aflac voluntary insurance available.
Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employment
Meydenbauer Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity applies to applicants as well as employees for all employment decisions.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers