compensation: DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart provides a diverse and rigorous college preparatory environment that inspires young women to become confident, compassionate global leaders. As a member of an international network of more than 150 schools, Forest Ridge educates to the following Sacred Heart Goals: a personal and active faith in God, a deep respect for intellectual values, a social awareness that impels one to action, the building of community as a Christian value, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart welcomes students, adults and families into an inclusive global learning environment which respects and strives for diversity, openness, understanding and acceptance of all human beings.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is seeking a talented, creative and dynamic Junior Systems and Network Engineer. We are looking for someone who can work effectively both as an individual contributor and as part of the technology Help Desk team. You will be one of the SMEs that is focused on ensuring the students, faculty and staff have a trouble-free and effective experience with any of the technologies used in classrooms, office and off-campus learning environments. The Junior Systems and Network Engineer will be responsible for tier 1&2 help desk and network infrastructure support functions. Forest Ridge School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Technology at Forest Ridge:
Technology at FRS is critical to the day-to-day operation of the classrooms and offices. FRS pioneered in 1:1 laptop in the classroom environment and prides itself on unique and effective integration of technology into the student learning environments.
The FRS Help Desk is responsible for specifying, installing, administrating and supporting over 350 laptops and workstations, education tech (Ed-Tech) and office software, communications systems, data networks, hosting services and a wide variety of peripherals.
FRS users rely on the services of the Help Desk Team to ensure a safe, secure, reliable, robust and highly available operating environment for all their technology needs.
Under minimal supervision, supports the technology infrastructure, vision, and mission that empowers every member of the Forest Ridge community to succeed in their professional and educational goals. The Junior Systems and Network Engineer is responsible for all level support of user/server hardware and software. Support services delivered by the FRS Help Desk are similar to the IT and AV systems found in medium-sized enterprise but applied to a 5-12 school environment. You will be working directly with a Help Desk Support Technician. The two of you will be responsible for the entire Help Desk, and the upkeep of our systems and network infrastructure on campus.
• Is punctual to open Help Desk each morning at 8:00am
• Quickly, courteously and effectively responds to Help Desk walk-up, ticketing system (Zoho) and call-in FRS technology customer problems or questions with their laptops, workstations, telephones, AV equipment, printers and other classroom or office peripherals and a variety of software applications
• Expeditiously clarifies, researches, analyzes, documents and wherever possible completely resolves user technology problems in a time sensitive customer service environment; manages the escalation of user issues to other on-prem and cloud resources as needed to fully resolve issues
• Be the Subject Matter Expert and support users of software systems such as Microsoft Office 365 products, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft OneNote, the SIS\LMS Veracross and other in-classroom and office applications
• Whenever necessary, performs IT and AV hardware and software fixes to customer technology issues to get them back in service and operating as quickly as possible
• Regularly performs all typical Help Desk tasks such as technology inventory management, password resets, AV system support, printer and copier support, Active Directory/Office 365 new user entries and maintenance, email account creation and support, user software provisioning, computer re-imaging, backup and restore; and other challenges as required
• Facilitates the repair of damaged or broken laptops and workstations by third-party vendors; submits tickets, and works with those vendors to help ensure quick and complete repair turnaround
• Troubleshoots copier and printer issues, tracks toner supplies and recycles toner; keeps updated inventory of all printer models and monitors Papercut software monthly
• On a scheduled or as-required basis performs or manages general maintenance tasks on user/server computing hardware, software, and office and classroom technologies
• As required, works with technical vendors to help specify, deploy, configure, decommission or maintain FRS IT and AV technologies
• Completely, accurately and in a timely manner describes, categorizes and updates support experiences in the FRS Support Tracking System (Zoho); when required, communicates support experience information to other Help Desk members in verbal and written form to help the team understand technology support trends, successes, required process changes, opportunities, patterns and upcoming issues
• Work with student interns and occasionally perform technology related lectures to students, faculty and staff
• Collaborates with Database Coordinator on the resolution of Veracross issues
• Actively attends weekly team meetings, school employee and committee meetings with the purpose of bringing innovative ideas and solutions to the table pertaining to technology at Forest Ridge
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Professionally represents the school in interactions with parents, community, staff, and students and resolves conflict in a professional manner
Education & Experience:
• AA in Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems from an accredited college or university, or related degree or completion of a recognized, related technical certification required
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Information Technology or a related field preferred
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certification and/or Microsoft Desktop Specialist, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) required
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in an in-person, technology-related help desk or similar technical support environment required
• Help Desk Desktop support expertise
• Network infrastructure equipment configuration expertise
• Server systems Software/hardware expertise
• Hyper V administration and support expertise
• Current experience trouble shooting and supporting user issues with typical audio and video system components found in a corporate, government or classroom environment required
• Experience working with a wide range of software, hardware, and operating systems
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Corporate or government working environment experience is extremely beneficial; however, candidate must be comfortable in a less structured, education environment where one-to-one interaction and in person communications is the normal operating environment
• Focused, team oriented and self-motivated to complete a variety of tasks
• Very strong desire to be the best at what you do along with an unquenchable appetite for challenges and opportunities that is guided by a commitment to be both successful personally and as part of a team
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or with a team in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
• Ability to think critically and use technical expertise to create solutions that resolve the root issue of technology problems presented in the workplace
• Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
• Ability to perform root cause analyses - proactively recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, and procedures to vendors, management, and end user population
• Knowledge of AV technologies and the processes to resolve common issues
• Very familiar with supporting server, network equipment, computers, laptops and mobile devices
• Proven fluency with current Windows server operating systems, network methodology, Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Google G Suite for Education, Meraki wireless, Barracuda firewall,
• Ability to communicate technical information successfully, in both verbal and written form, to customers with a wide range of technical knowledge and skills
• A can-do attitude with a very strong desire to deliver excellent customer service
• A working understanding of wired and wireless networks and an understanding of how they can impact access to remotely and locally hosted services
• A self-starter and very eager to master new skills inside a demanding, dynamic, people-centered environment that can sometimes be very fast paced
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to sit, stand and keyboard for prolonged periods; periodically stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, crawl, bend to manipulate various technology devices around campus; and regularly reach, handle various size objects, feel textures, discern colors and shapes; ability to talk on the phone
• Ability to walk outside and climb stairs in all kinds of weather
• Ability to successfully pass both initial and periodic federal, state and local background checks
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed
• Flexibility, maturity, and a good sense of humor
If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you!
Application Process: Applicants should email their cover letter and resume to Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, Attention: Charles Du, Director of Technology. This position is open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Thank you for your interest in Forest Ridge School and this position.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart does not discriminate in its employment decisions or practices on the basis of gender, age, race, color, marital status, national and ethnic origin, discharged or veteran status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any disability
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers