compensation: $20+/hr, Medical benefits including vision and dental, PTO, Employee discount, 401k employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
To get an idea of who we are go to www.grangesupply.com
Warehouse manager job description
Reports to the General Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Establish and maintain a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and strong team orientation.
• Establish and maintain a positive experience for Grange customers, clients, and vendors, through professional interpersonal interactions.
• Supervise, plan, coordinate, and direct the work of the assigned location.
• Make staffing decisions including; hiring, terminating, training, employee discipline, performance evaluation, and scheduling of work.
• Handle any customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
• Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
• Provide feedback to Managers, including customer complaints, daily invoicing, and daily exception reports.
• Retain knowledge and understanding of Grange products and purposes.
• Working with the inventory manager, maintain inventories in compliance with Grange procedures.
• Maintain and increase profitability and sales.
• Manage location and equipment maintenance.
• Maintain necessary safety training and meetings.
• Practice and encourage workplace safety and hold employees accountable to practicing workplace safety.
• Handle and work in proximity to flammable materials, such as diesel fuel, unleaded gasoline, kerosene, and propane, as well as toxic chemicals, such as herbicides and other agricultural chemicals which affect public safety or public health.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential skills & abilities
Knowledge and understanding of:
• Supervisory principles and practices
• Grange products and purposes
• Customer service
• Phone etiquette
• Basic math
• Organization and attention to detail
• Skill in all forms of communication.
• Safety rules, procedures, and practices
• Establish effective working relationships with management, co-workers, and the general public.
• Report to work on-time and as scheduled.
• Communicate effectively with others in both technical and non-technical terms.
• Operate a personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications appropriate to the assigned duties.
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Plan, organize, prioritize, supervise, direct, and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
• Utilize logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or verbal instructions.
• Perform a variety of supervisory and public relations tasks with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
• Quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and technology.
• Work varied shifts and days as required of the position.
• High School diploma or GED
• Three (3) years customer service experience.
• At least two (2) years management experience.
• Forklift/Reachlift certification
• Valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Washington
Essential physical abilities
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that are required by the employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship.
Essential Physical Abilities:
• Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Clarity of vision to include; near and far vision, ability to focus while operating, work equipment, computers and ability to read printed materials.
• Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a personal computer, organize files, handle products, and operate equipment.
• Personal mobility that permits the employee to enter, operate, and exit motor vehicles.
• Ability to navigate stairs.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to walk, lift, stand, and reach for the duration of the shift.
• Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, and climb.
• Work is generally performed in a retail environment.
• Customer assistance and location duties are required in all weather conditions.
• Various noise levels are present in the work environment, from low to moderately loud.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers