Friends of Youth has new openings for Overnight Relief (On-Call) Residential Youth Counselors in Kirkland, Washington. Our Youth Haven Shelter provides housing for homeless youth ages 7-17, and the New Roads program provides housing for unaccompanied refugee and immigrant youth ages 16-20. All applicants should have a passion for working with youth and young adults.
SCHEDULE: Part-Time / On-Call. Overnight (graveyard) shifts are scheduled from 12 AM - 8 AM. Relief staff are scheduled, at their availability, to cover for full-time staff who are on vacation or sick. Relief counselors are needed during the week and on weekends and holidays. Holiday pay is offered at time and a half.
1. Bachelor of Arts Degree in the social sciences preferred.
2. One year of experience working or volunteering with youth required.
3. Must be twenty-one years of age or older, have a valid WA State driver's license (or be able to obtain one by date of employment), have a good driving record and be able to pass a criminal history background check.
1. Provide supervision and support in a group home setting to youth in the program.
2. Assist in teaching life skills needed for successful transition into independent living.
3. Provide academic support and tutoring for youth.
4. Accompany youth to appointments and recreational outings when needed.
5. Counsel residents in identifying and resolving emotional, behavioral, social and other challenges.
6. Maintain resident files, complete reports and documentation as assigned.
For more information on job responsibilities and qualifications, please visit our website at: www.friendsofyouth.org/employment.aspx.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Friends of Youth is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on the basis of race, sex/gender, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetic markers, military or veterans status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Send cover letter and resume to Bailee Bryant at the email provided.
ABOUT FRIENDS OF YOUTH:
Founded in 1951, Friends of Youth provides a comprehensive range of shelter, housing, counseling and prevention services for youth and young adults and their families in King and Snohomish Counties in Washington State. Friends of Youth is the primary provider of services for homeless youth and young adults in East King County. Services include street outreach, emergency shelter, transitional living programs, supported permanent housing, employment and mental health support. To learn more about Friends of Youth, please visit our website at www.friendsofyouth.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers