Title: Development Officer - Major Gifts
Location: Redmond, WA
Work Schedule: Full Time
Compensation: $50k - 52k annually DOE
Open: March, 2018
Closes: When filled
Since 1971, Hopelink has served homeless and low-income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities in the north and east King County, WA. With service centers in Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline and Sno-Valley (Carnation), we are the largest nonprofit organization in the area. Hopelink programs and services focus on five key areas: food, financial assistance, housing & family development, adult education & employment and transportation/mobility. Programs are aimed at helping people achieve stability, and helping them gain the skills and knowledge they need to exit poverty for good.
Hopelink's Development Officer, Major Gifts position is focused on providing personal, donor-centered attention to Hopelink's dedicated, established base of major donors. The Development Officer will engage in face-to-face stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation of donors up to the $10,000 level. Hopelink's dynamic development team is focused on providing donor-centered stewardship to a donor base of more than 17,000. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, experienced in fundraising, and will take a creative/innovative approach to donor engagement. Works under the direction of the Development Manager- Individual, Major and Planned Giving.
(Note: Any one position may not include all of the functions nor do the listed functions include all tasks that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Develops and manages a portfolio of approximately 100-150 active major donor and donor and prospects, with a focus on donors and prospects with in portfolio that have capacity for giving $5,000+/calendar year and/or a planned gift.
• Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards individual supporters, facilitating deepening and lasting relationships between the supporters and Hopelink through face-to-face meetings, calls, and letters. Creates individualized, personal stewardship plans for each donor in portfolio with a focus on moves management and increasing annual support and/or making a planned gift.
• Works with database administration and major gifts team to maintain quality and accuracy of major and planned giving donor data in Raiser's Edge donor database. Concisely records and tracks contact notes and moves management plans in database.
• Supports the Development Officer, Individual Giving in the movement of prospects through portfolios, utilizing various database tools to find opportunities where the Individual Giving Team can adjust prospect pools for maximum engagement, and follow-up.
• Works with major gifts team to develop, implement, and continue to refine the major donor communications plan and acknowledgment process that fosters supporters' connection to Hopelink and generates and encourages supporters' enthusiasm for Hopelink.
• Assists development team with fundraising event support, including guest and table captain recruitment and Pacesetter communications and stewardship for Hopelink's annual Reaching Out Luncheon. Provides additional assistance on other relevant events, including but not limited to, Farm Fresh Feast, donor recognition/appreciation events, and house parties/Jeffersonian dinners.
• Communicates respectfully with people regardless of age, race, gender, religion, color, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or any other expression of diversity;
• Maintains a professional and positive working relationship with clients, vendors, volunteers, donors, and fellow staff and adheres to the Hopelink Standards of Conduct;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 2 - 3+ years direct experience in nonprofit development/fundraising;
• Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience and/or education;
• Experience with donor stewardship and portfolio management required;
• Experience with a planned giving program preferred;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Familiarity with donor engagement, including understanding of all components of a diverse donor base and its required upkeep;
• Experience with donor management software/databases (Raiser's Edge preferred);
• Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
• Experience with donor-related events preferred;
• Able to take initiative and drive projects from beginning to end in accordance with a strategic plan;
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment;
• Manage multiple tasks with an ability to reset priorities at any given time;
The physical demands and work environment described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to lift 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Work involves standing, walking, stooping, talking, reaching, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing, grasping, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, and reaching with hands and arms.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment is open-space, with a noise level which is usually moderately quiet.
Licenses, Certificates and other requirements:
• Must pass criminal background check through the State Patrol.
• Valid Washington State driver's license.
• Reliable personal transportation.
• Proof of personal automobile liability insurance.
We are actively building an environment that welcomes and encourages the involvement and success of all individuals and respects the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and values are included.
If you want to join our dynamic team, why not bring your talents and skills to Hopelink? In addition to great staff, we offer a competitive benefit package.
To see all of Hopelink's open positions, please visit: