Safran - IDD Aerospace, a leading manufacturer of lighting products for the aerospace industry is seeking a highly motivated individual for our Engineering Team.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
Performs semi-routine and moderately complex activities for the development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods. Normally receives general instructions on routine assignments and works with moderate supervision.
• Continuously improves products and processes and participates in quality improvement teams when appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery to the customer by maintaining productivity and following department schedules.
• Recommends ways to save money and cut unnecessary costs.
• Responsible for satisfying the needs of internal and external customers by responding to customer requests, understanding customer requirements and building successful, productive customer relations.
• Determines and develops the methods, operation sequence and tooling for the fabrication of parts, finishing and assembly of components, sub-assemblies or final products.
• Works closely with production and design engineering to implement methods and systems to achieve cost reductions in manufacturing.
• Develops, designs and maintains production tools necessary to attain manufacturability and testing of parts or finished products.
• Develops assembly guides, procedures and illustrations for use in production.
• Coordinates activities in the evaluation, costing and disposition of discrepant materials; product returns from customers, purchased items found defective, as well as, in-house fabrications not conforming to specifications.
• Assists Design Engineering in conducting research, evaluation and testing of new materials, processes and product failure analysis.
• Plans and adapts machinery/work centers for the optimum utilization and efficient, productive layout.
• Assists the production operation in trouble shooting manufacturing problems on product performance and quality.
• Researches and recommends manufacturing equipment.
• Estimates manufacturing costs and provides information for management as requested.
• Determines time standards and makes recommendations to management and engineering for tooling and processing requirements.
• Follows all company safety and policy procedures.
• Reacts to change productively and handles all other duties as required.
• Normally requires an Engineering or Technical college degree or equivalent technical training and three (3) to five (5) years manufacturing engineering experience. Personal computer exposure and experience is expected at this level. One (1) to three (3) years experience in the aerospace lighted display industry (IDD or other) has significant impact in performing at this level.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Requires knowledge of the procedures, methods and technical aspects of manufacturing to perform complex activities. Must be able to work in an analytical environment applying specialized knowledge to perform required tasks.
• Must have basic fundamentals in designing tools (mechanical and electrical) for manufacturing and can translate concepts through acceptable computer aided design tools.
• Must be computer literate and have working knowledge on software involving spreadsheets, word processor and database.
• Approximately 50% of time is spent at the computer.
• Must be able to work in analytical environment applying specialized knowledge to perform required tasks.
• Contacts: Requires extensive and frequent contacts with all levels of team members. Also requires outside vendor evaluation, selection and interface. Occasionally communicates with customers on product quality field failures. Excellent communication on all levels is critical to success.
• Responsibility: Has moderate impact on productivity, material utilization and profits. Work is performed with moderate supervision while allowing creativity and latitude in judgement.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION
• Works under minimal supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Join us! Please send a short cover letter and resume to apply.
IDD Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
IDD Aerospace is a smoke-free, drug free workplace.
Pre-employment drug test required.
No recruiters please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities